The Legends of the Pugilistic Leader

This is a record of my everyday life, my thoughts and feelings, and my favourite topics. Read it if it's of interest to u!

Friday, November 25, 2005

Just came back from Yanwen's 21st birthday party.

It was FUN! Haha pics up later, when the rest send them to me.

Anyway, I missed the 7pm channel U show cos of that, 真命天女. So I went to this petrol kiosk to buy some magazines with the tv synopsis so I could read. Turns out the petrol kiosk didn't have those mags. So I walked a bit further, to the new 7-11 down the street.

And almost got knocked down by a motorcycle.

WALAU tell u ah... the vehicles around my area getting more and more reckless. Last time it was a Carrera.. now it was a motorcycle. Like what one of my teachers used to say, get knocked down by Porsche will still die happy.. WALAU get knocked down by motorcycle...

Anyway, I juz realised the new 7-11 down the street has a damn nice decor! They have those tables and chairs outside, after you buy some of those titbits from inside, you can sit outside and enjoy an al fresco meal! And the decor, it's got those quaint wood interior, like the Taiwanese style, very 精致. DAMN NICE!

Thank god that nice 7-11 is near my place! Wish all 7-11 will be like that in future! Heehee.

OHHH I juz realised I may really have ang moh blood in me! Hence the hazel colored eyes. My mum told me my mother's father, i.e. my maternal granddad, was, as my mum said, "抱回来的". Seems like it's possible that at least one of his parents came from the North, possibly with Russian or Turkish blood.

There. I finally understand why I have light hazel eyes! =))) I'm not a monster!!!!! But of cos, there is so little of that I-dunno-what blood in me that I will consider myself Chinese.

Anyway, coming to that Chinese practise of getting other people's children and then bringing them up as their own. My paternal side apparently is also a victim of this tradition. My father's father's father's father, i.e. my paternal grandfather's paternal grandfather, back in China, was also "抱回来的".

As the story goes, my paternal grandfather's paternal grandfather later became a scholar, a 秀才. It seems like the family that adopted him was not very academically inclined, but they were very wealthy. But a lot of his biological family members were those court officials, 大官 and all. So question is, how come they willingly gave my paternal grandfather's paternal grandfather to his adopted family?

ANYWAYZ my paternal family has a REALLY rich and interesting history! Haha I used to have this dream of writing a book on the history! Hope I'm still able to do it, with my grandma's help. One day u all muz get ready to support KS the author OK?! On ah!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home