The Legends of the Pugilistic Leader

This is a record of my everyday life, my thoughts and feelings, and my favourite topics. Read it if it's of interest to u!

Thursday, November 10, 2005

DO YOU KNOW?

How the North South East West blots came about??

Long long time ago, this guy came up with this method of protein blotting!! It was like WHOA! Cos at that time this was a VAVAVOOM discovery!!!

So the people named it the Western blot!!!!

Then later on, people came up with methods of DNA and RNA blotting!!! And by then, they alreadie got too lazy to come up with new names.

So they thought.. HEY the protein blot guy named his method the Western blot, let me see let me see.. OHH I GOT IT!!

The DNA guy says, "I shall name my blot the Southern Blot!!!!"

The RNA guy says, "I shall name my blot the Northern Blot!!!"

And so, the story goes.

We are still waiting for some other guy to come up with the Eastern Blot. Anyone game?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home