The Legends of the Pugilistic Leader

This is a record of my everyday life, my thoughts and feelings, and my favourite topics. Read it if it's of interest to u!

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Day 4 of UOC, the beach games day at Sentosa! The day I got my lobster red sun burnt skin.

We woke up very early and a chartered bus sent us to Sentosa. Breakfast was hurriedly gobbled up on the bus again.... someone help me sue the chief programmer for ill-treating his subjects!! Managed to catch some shut-eye on the bus.. good thing.. cos I only slept a grand total of 1 hour the night before. Who wanna see how a super-sleep-deprived KS looks? I'm gonna sell the pics of a zombiefied KS for 1000 bucks. Any takers?

We reached the beach that the UOC people rented and started to set up our stations. 15 minutes later, all our stations were nicely set up and we were all ready to take a break before the freshies arrive. We laid down our beach towels, changed into our beach wear, took out our shades and caps, lied down on the towels hands behind our heads, left legs bent, right feet propped on our left legs (commonly known as the lie-down-and-kiow-ka pose), and we started relaxing under the nice morning sun. Suddenly, a lady's voice woke us up from our wonderful day dreams. She was from the Sentosa management. "Hi. Uh.. sorry, we need to use this beach for an event today. We need it now. Is it ok with you if we provide you with Siloso beach in exchange instead (Siloso beach was the more ex beach, rental was double that of the beach we laid on)."

@$%^%$^@@^!!!!!! Wah biangz!! Tell us only now?! Could she have like, told us 15 minutes earlier and saved us all the trouble of loading and unloading and RE-loading the equipment from the lorries, and the travelling from one beach to another?! Thank god we had 2 lorries available, one for equipment, another for programmers. But after we all loaded ourselves into the programmers lorry, everyone started to kb again. That $#@%$# lorry had a screwed up suspension!!! With every tiny bump and ridge in the moon-surface-like-road, the entire lorry load of people bounced up and down and got thrown left and right.. In the midst of that roller coaster ride, I managed to squeak to Teddy, "How does it feel to be a Ba***** for one day???" He just gave me a pained look. Oh come to think of it, actually, I think all that bumping up and down cause more hurt to guys than girls........

When we finally reached our destination, poor energizer bunny, who was the driver, got thrown into a gunny sack and beaten up like crazy by a bunch of dishevelled programmers. From the sack, his weak voice protested, "Eh not my fault lar... I see hump I already stepped on the brake to slow down... but those bumps and ridges on the road I can't possibly see right?" Which is quite true.. but what the hell.. we need a scapegoat to vent our frustrations on!! So.... sorry energizer bunny. If not dunno how to answer to my sore bum?? *rubs bruised bum gingerly*

Time to set up station. We basically just used raffia strings to mark out the courts for the handball and frisbee games. Next we filled up the water bombs, using sea water. Seriously, I never understood why they bothered to fill water bombs for beach games. Just throw the people into the water lar!! Same result.... except u get to save the plastic bags. Never mind.. union camp.. heavily sponsored, too much money. Must waste a bit here and there. Next time make sure they use some of that money to pay the programmers for their work.

Met 2 rather cool programmers while preparing for beach games (ask Meifeng, she was totally smitten. I still prefer my ahem.. Guo Pin Chao-lookalike freshie of cos). They were these super beng type, ok.. u can call them the ang moh bengs. Every single sentence that flies out of their mouths was laced with vulgarities, but yet they do have that very cool "seh". Tanned, muscular, good-and-dangerous-looking, blond spiky hair (for one of them)... both were in board shorts and beach slippers and one never ever takes off his uber cool Oakley shades. Both were topless *wipes drool* and both have great bods.... so sad I never did manage to catch their names.... eh wait.. why the hell am I raving on and on about them??? Back to water bombs.

Anyway one of the 2 cool guys decided that juz plain filling the water bombs with sea water was juz so bbbbboooooooooring. So he mixed in some flour and spit and snot and ear wax and started to fill his special blend of water bombs (uh... actually I was kidding about that spit and snot and ear wax thing.. but the flour was for real). I betcha... after you see those water bombs, you will never ever wanna drink soya bean milk again. Ever.

Beach games day was the first day the thing known as "programmers welfare" came into place. We finally got drinks!! After 3 days of desert survival training, they finally decided to grant us some water!!!!! No not sea water. At first I thought they would probably ask us to quench our thirst in the Singapore Straits (is that what they call the sea bordering Sentosa). But after a while, Weiyao the darrrrlingg lugged a HUGE ice box filled with canned drinks and ice and let us help ourselves with it!!!! I saved the first four digits and the last four digits of the serial number of the first drink I took in my phone, and went to buy 4d. Haven't struck yet. Win liao tell u guys. No.. I mean.. win liao won't tell u guys.. wat u think I am!? Dumb!? Later get extorted to buy u people a meal how!?

Anyway, after a meaningless morning sitting under the hot sun cheering Moogle on, finally it was my turn to run my programme, we call it Secret Number, better known as zhong1 ji2 mi4 ma3. The only special thing about this game is that it was played in the sea, and the person who guesses the number correctly will get muah chee-ed. OK for the sake of those who have NEVER been through army or went for any camps (u losers!)... wat's muah chee? Noooo not that thing you buy at the hawker centres to eat. Basically you throw a person into the sea to get him/her totally wet, then you throw that person into the sand and roll him/her around till he/she is totally covered by sand. Hence, the name, muah chee. Wakaru?? Understand??

Yep so anyway, first groups to come to our station was T grp, Yixiang's group. T grp was the grp my ahem... Guo Pin Chao-lookalike shuai ge was in!!!! Damnit.. even before the game started, I kena dunked by Yixiang and a few of the guys in his group. Thank god Pin Chao was not one of them, if not I swear.. I will never forgive him.. NEVER!!! OK.... like he gives a damn.. haha. Eh.. let KS be delusional for just 1 minute can?! 1 minute only wat... let her dream for a while!!

Anyway, it was all in all a super booooooorrrrriiiinnng game lar. Meifeng had a bad sore throat and couldn't help me out except in giving me numbers (for the game as well as ideas for next week's toto). So I was the only one shouting the numbers and giving orders for people to be muahchee-ed. Tried to tease a few people here and there to make the game more interesting.. but guess there was no point.. nothing can save the boring game. Nothing. Except dunking the programmers and muahchee-ing them. WEIYAO THE MONSTER PROMISED US WE WOULD BE SAFE!!! He promised us we would at most get wet up to our chest lar!!!!!! Nothing else! THE MONSTER!!!! Cheated us! Throughout the course of the entire game, got muahchee-ed close to a zillion times by the ultra bored freshies and GLs who decided to self-entertain, at the programmers expense. No point in running. Seems like they have ambushes everywhere on the beach. Run left also die, run right also die, run straight also die, don't run also die. Wah biangz, only 2 female programmers also they must bully... I gonna write a letter to AWARE I tell u... I'm gonna sue all the UOC males till they lose their last pair of pants. First guy to bring to the panel.. Weiyao!!! If I EVER meet him in school, he's sooooo dead!!!

By the end of the day, the my skin turned lobster red. Baked alive under the sun. Or you could call it barbequed, whichever you prefer most. Well done, not medium rare. When I saw myself in the mirror in the toilet, I screamed like a pig in an abattoir. There goes my snow white complexion (I apologise for the food that juz got emptied from your stomach into the toilet bowl). The Moogle people were such nice darlings.. they insisted that I look cute with those "pink" cheeks... it was nowhere near pink my dears, more like ang-ku-kueh red!!! And cos my eyes were kinda sunken.. ahem I mean deep-set.. that patch surrounding my eyes remained fair. Now everywhere I go people laugh at me for going suntanning with "sunglasses" on. Let me clarify once and for all... I did not have any eyewear on at that time!!!!! Does KS really seem like such an idiot to you people?! *smacks head in despair*

After beach games, Teddy, Jason, Meifeng and I had quite a lot of free time on our hands, so we decided to explore the Dragon Trail. Our dear Mr Weiyao the MONSTER told us the freshies were gonna go there on a night trail later on, so we could go check it out before they do. The dragon trail looked kinda spooky from the outside, plus the only lights we had at that time were a few pathetic thin light sticks and our mobiles, I was REALLY VERY reluctant to enter. But the 2 guys wanted to act garang.. pulled us inside with them. In the end, they were more spooked than us. Inside, you really can't see your fingers even if you stick them in front of your face. It was that dark. We walked around the trail many many times, we followed the arrows and directions, we got led here and there and even to the dungeon that we wanted soo much to avoid, but we juz could not get out!!! Just as we were getting hysterical, we finally decided to follow a directionless trail (they didn't say where it will lead to).. and guess what?! We managed to escape that place!!! Whoa.. one hell of a spooky night. I could hear the chattering of Teddy and Jason's teeth, and could feel the cold sweat on their palms. Act garang some more lar!

Finally met up with the UOC people after that. Weiyao the BIG monster decided to cancel the night walk last minute and left us to die inside dragon's trail. Thank god we escaped safe and sound. After that there were no more activities, we retired to Aloha Changi for the night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home