The Legends of the Pugilistic Leader

This is a record of my everyday life, my thoughts and feelings, and my favourite topics. Read it if it's of interest to u!

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Barstop



It was hidden and inconspicuous, almost obscure. Tucked discreetly and snugly behind tall potted palms, in the fringes of Devonshire road, an exclusive, upper class living district just off the busy town central of Singapore. A stark contrast of tasteful serenity with state of the art building designs.


Just to the left of it, was a petrol kiosk lying along the busy Killiney road. Opposite, stands the classy Abode at Devonshire, a private apartment building. To the side of the Abode, a new equally exclusive private apartment is being built. The rich flock to view the showflats everyday in their LVs, Guccis, Versaces.


In the midst of these surroundings, you tend to miss the Barstop, which is tucked away too inconspicuously. In fact, it is so obscure, you wont even give it a second look usually. Just a normal two storey shophouse refurnished into a bar, with an alfresco setting.


That is, until you see the crowd there. By crowd, I don't mean it's always filled to the brim or something. I just mean the people who go there. On any day, just passing the Barstop, you have a high chance of spotting a ferrari, lamborghini, maserati, rolls royce, etc. If you are not so lucky, you will see at least some porsches, BMW convertibles, Mercedes CLKs or SLKs, Nissan fairladies, Mazda MX5s, Celicas, MR2s or Integras.


I was walking home from work, from Somerset MRT station.


In the distance, I heard the roar of a powerful engine, that could only mean a ferrari, lambo, or maserati. My adrenaline started pumping. My heart started to race. I increased my speed. I walked faster and faster.....


AND THERE IT WAS! MY BABY! That sunny yellow Ferrari with the beautiful tri-colored bands tattooed thru the entire length of its glossy hot bod. It roared to a halt outside Barstop. I walked closer. In that tiny road, a mini jam was building. I walked closer to see why that is so. Not ONE but TWOOOO sunny yellow Ferraris were side by side in that tiny road, both waiting to park! OMG! I held my breath and walked closer.


The tiny side road to the right of the Barstop acts as a carpark for the super classy cars that visit it. There are special attendants looking after the cars to ensure they remain in tip top condition and no one attempts to put an ugly scar on them while their owners are enjoying themselves in the private exclusive cove of Barstop.


On this day, the side road was full. There was a Cayman parked inside. Outside, directly in front of the 2 ferraris, a maserati was parked directly in front of the Barstop.


KS almost faints in ecstasy!!!!! She ran home in delight!!! But not before blowing a kiss in the direction of the ang moh at the wheel of one of the ferraris!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home