The Legends of the Pugilistic Leader

This is a record of my everyday life, my thoughts and feelings, and my favourite topics. Read it if it's of interest to u!

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Superband fluke

I cant believe it. Either Singaporeans are deaf, or one of the girls in that poor excuse of a band has a rich sugar daddy who keeps voting for them.


I was tuning my guitar while watching the results show. When it was made known that they are STILL in, my guitar string broke in protest. DAMN. Now I gotta go get a new string. Never mind. Anyway I'm taking down my keyboard to play haha. Havent had that kinda feel for a long long time. Been still playing the piano but not the keyboard. It's time to sweep the dust off my baby!


K maybe now for my 2 cents worth on the whole superband thing. Those who know me long enough will know I'm quite into rock bands. No no not like those young fanatic girls who drool at those rock band idols in adoration... though yes I do some of that too.. but I prefer playing. Haha


I was thinking of learning percussion since JC but then drumsets are friggin ex so no go. And then I picked up guitar. But like what Weijian once told me, electric guitars are not like classical guitars. The strings are harder to strum cos they are metal, and u need to buy amplifiers, which cost up to thousands of dollars. But OH they are SO friggin cool! Never mind I shall stick to my keyboard for now.


Back to the bands. Judging from circumstances now, I shall list the top 4 bands I think are gonna make it to the end.

1. Qinobe

2. 迷路兵

3. Soul

4. Amber

K i know my preference for rock bands is damn obvious haha but I included Soul k? Soul are pretty good.. tho they are the typical boybands stuff. They can dance, can rap, can sing... basically 十八般武艺 样样精通. So yea. Except they cant play anything.


Qinobe is easily the winner. Rapper rock. A bit like Linkin Park, but Chinese style. Damn... listening to them is like totally enjoying myself in a quality rock concert. ENJOYABLE! Nothing more needs to be said. They are the ones.


迷路兵 are damn cute la! And man... they can really sing. Both the percussionist and the guitarist. The keyboardist is ok. But their performance is rather enjoyable. And their new arrangement of old songs are so good! Like today's 过火 really damn nice! Totally enjoyable.


Amber must be the weakest of the four so far.. but i personally like their style. Dunno why they dont seem to sit too well with the judges. This band is really pretty good. But in any case, erm... yea. It doesnt hurt that the band happens to have this really cute midi player who looks like the TVB actor Chan Kin Fung. Haha


K enough of my 2 cents worth. Anyway, next week is when the teams voted out make a comeback. Usually they will make a strong comeback. So there might be new winners-to-be yet.


The other day, I had this senior who was thinking of forming a band. But in the end I think he couldnt find enough people so there.. think its hard to find bassists and percussionists in the rock scene in Singapore. Anyway if any of u are interested to tell me k? I'll pass the msg to him. Playing Jrock. Yea. Those who know me since my sec sch days will also know.. Jrock.. my fav kinda rock!


Talking about Jrock... please hor... Lucify are NOT drag queens or gays ok... they belong to a genre called VISUAL rock.. like those Jap bands L'arc En Ciel, Glay, TM revolution, Malice Mizer, that guy Gackt, etc etc. That is VISUAL rock, very typical of Jrock. NOT drag queens ok!!! PLEASE! Do not degrade that kinda rock in this manner. It is a very respectable form of rock.


K thats about all for now... I'm going to watch my dramas.. maybe will pick up my baby keyboard again tomorrow. Update you guys again! BYEEE!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home