The Legends of the Pugilistic Leader

This is a record of my everyday life, my thoughts and feelings, and my favourite topics. Read it if it's of interest to u!

Thursday, May 11, 2006

When beauty is not an advantage but a requirement

Went for the interview today. For the hair product. Gawsh.. everybody there was SO well groomed and SO pretty! The place exuded elegance and sophistication and glamour.. Well with several luxury brands under its belt, u cant expect less. But I never really expected this kinda reception. Really.


At first, the preliminary round was held in this inconspicuous room, a poor excuse of an office. Even there the people were beautiful. Every single one. But well.. placed in a lousy setting. Anyway first round was pretty easy. Though I think I said something wrong but... well.. that lady said can consider (me). So I guess it was ok. And I thought it was over. But then.. little did I know it was only the beginning of my nightmare!


The lady in the makeshift office directed us upstairs to a SECOND interview, with a grading sheet (something like those u see for our composition tests in primary and secondary schools) attached to our original sheet.


Upstairs, we took a look at the grading sheet.


*GAGS*


There were these criteria on the left hand column, and the right hand column were the grades.


Criteria 1:
Grooming.
Grades:
Well-groomed. Acceptable. Satisfactory. Unacceptable.

Criteria 2:
Skin color.
Grades:
Fair. Light skin. Tan. Dark.

Criteria 3:
Looks.
Grades:
Pretty. Acceptable. Satisfactory. Normal. Unacceptable.

Criteria 4:
Complexion.
Grades:
Good. Acceptable. Satisfactory. Unsatisfactory.

The above are roughly what I can remember. Might not be the exact same words used.. but the meaning is there. Wah lau eh I was damn stressed la! Everybody there was so beautiful. The staff I mean. The other interviewees were ok la.. but they all had such heavy makeup on! And I was like.. almost bare-faced. Cos I just went from school.. duh... anyway I half expected to get scolded for not putting on enough make-up.. cos everyone there looks soo beautiful and so perfectly made up!


I kept checking myself in the mirror... patting down my dishevelled hair no thanks to the disgusting rain that started the minute I stepped out of the MRT station. And then I sorta gave up the struggle internally. Aiya look ugly then ugly. Not like I'm earning a lot from this! So I settled down to watch the video playing on the tv screens inbuilt on the glossy white walls.


And I waited like.. 40 minutes for my interview! I almost wanted to rush out already cos any later and I was going to be late for my tuition! But then they called me in.


The interview itself was ok. Basically they almost didnt even ask anything. Just told me what to expect what to say how to sell stuff and so on. And then wah lau they took a picture of me! What if they take my picture and later go do dunno wat voodoo spell on it! Scary sia!!!! HOW?!


Aiya anyway oso not cfm that I will get the job. If I get it, they will get company professionals to color our hair for us so we can be good promoters. That's what I gian la mostly. Cos that is really quite good a hair color brand. Hee cos I was thinking of coloring my hair a dark purple before going Vancouver. Haha now I'll get it for free! If i get it.


Now hoping that Chan will help me land that job at Isetan! Cos now GSS should have a lot of openings! Haha


OK now back to yesterday's topic.


I was talking about my love for travel remember?


Anyway I always wanted to be able to work all over the world. I will graduate in 2008 yea? I was thinking of going Beijing to find a job. Then I can watch the Olympics!!!! But later they said Beijing is plagued by sandstorm. So I was thinking.. maybe I should go Shanghai instead! COOL RITE!


Then my dream job was to become an archaeologist. But it's a post grad degree.. and sigh I dunno where to get that degree. So well.. maybe.. we'll think about that again. Anyone can tell me if any university offers that? Hee


Other places I would like to visit... Caribbean, Africa, Russia, Mediterranean, Europe... etc haha. BACKPACK! Sian... who would like to join me???? Heee


K time to go watch DVD.


Meanwhile.. happy VESAK DAY! May everyone count your blessings and may it be a happy day for everyone. Will blog about it later!

2 Comments:

At 10:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hurhur my Uni offers it? If you can be bothered to search for such courses in the UK, I am sure you will find it somewhere..

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger greatshiner said...

Hey cat.. haha yea i might just go over after I graduate from here. But need time to earn money first. =D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home