The Legends of the Pugilistic Leader

This is a record of my everyday life, my thoughts and feelings, and my favourite topics. Read it if it's of interest to u!

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

i really really didnt want to talk abt this here.. but i really got damn damn damn pissed off.. way past my limits.

K if u think u noe who i'm talking about, nah.. dont ask me. If u dunno, dont ask me too. I wont tell u.

So i got this groupmate.

It all started last week. She was the one who allocated the work to all of us, she was the one who chose wat each one of us did, so in a way she was the one who chose her own contribution to the final work.

We had everything planned out nicely and were going to discuss last week.

Then one day last last week she told me she's gonna do some of the work she originally allocated to us. So I was quite happy and pleasantly surprised.

And then suddenly, on the day of the discussion, when we need all of the materials from all the group members for the discussion, she told me she ONLY did the part of the work... a fraction of the work she originally allocated to us! MIND YOU it was just a SMALL PERCENTAGE of the full workload that the rest of the members had to do! I was already very pissed off cos she didn't do the original part of the work that she was supposed to do, and cos of that we cant discuss!

The thing is, she never told me she decided to CHANGE the work allocated to her (very conveniently to much simpler work) but instead she told me she did the part of the work originally allocated to us. She made it sound like she was HELPING us lighten our workload when instead, to put it very simple, she was skiving. If she told us earlier, we could have reallocated the work so we could discuss it on the day planned. But she only told us on the day itself! And the most disgusting thing is, she actually blamed her PARTNER for it.. using some incoherent reason that i dont even see the link from. Her poor kind partner just stood there quietly and shouldered the blame pushed onto her innocent shoulders.

I was really damn irritated.. like.. i spent an entire day just doing my part of the work, and so did everyone else. And u spend a few hours and try to talk your way outta it by pushing the blame around?! OH MAN this is HOW disgusting! And guess what?! Even that simple simple job she allocated herself she DID NOT complete! Instead she got someone else to go find out the answers of the parts she couldn't complete. WHAT A LEECHER!

Ok never mind. I said some things to her phrased as nice as I could, and tried to make her feel a bit paiseh. So the group discussed. Tried as best as we could to, without her part of the project. And then she looked like she was paiseh. I thought she was paiseh. She contributed damn a lot during that discussion.. as in... yea just for the 1 or 2 hour of discussion. But i gotta say she really did contribute a lot during that discussion.

And then I had to leave for lunch or something.. cant remember. She asked me to go. She said they (her partner and herself) would complete the rest of the work. I thought she was paiseh. I assumed she would complete the rest. So I left.

And then at night, I felt a bit bad about just throwing the remainder of the job to them.. especially since her partner had already done a lot. So I msged her partner asking her how was the progress of the work.

Then the bombshell.

Her partner told me... after I left, she happily told her partner to do the rest of the work cos she dunno how to do it. I almost fainted from frustration and anger. I later learned that a few minutes after I left them, they stopped discussing. I guess the few minutes was just for her to 'allocate' more work for her partner.

Like HELLO u know she already made her partner do so much work in preparation for the discussion, and then she allocated the final editing and compiling to her partner as well.. and now she made her partner do EVERYTHING ELSE! That's HOW DISGUSTING! So in effect, she only does that little part, a fraction of the work she originally allocated to us. Disgusting. Disgustingly thick skin.

I decided to take matters into my own hands.. cos her partner was way too kind to reject her work allocation. I redistributed the work and i gave her partner the least work, myself 2nd most and her most work (that was the kind of distribution i thot it was during the time of allocation.. but anyway now i am doing the most work, she 2nd most, her partner least). So that night i told her about the new work distribution. She told me she dunno how to do. HAHA big joke. HELLO we are all learning here.. we are all students. You duno u think we know?! Go online search la!!!! OMG! And what... this kinda work u do all the time by yourself. Just cos this is group work u think u can just push it off to your groupmates?!

I really got damn pissed by then already. i think she could sense it, so she left me alone.

And she went to tackle her partner.

She told her partner she dunno how to do and kept asking her partner how to do it. So like wat?! In essence wat diff is this from her partner doing everything by herself?! Can't she just stop leeching and go search for the answer by herself?!

Ok that was that. Never mind. I told her to go look for the answers herself.

And I remembered clearly we would be discussing it this week. My partner remembered too.

I spent another day doing my part of the discussion.

Only to find, on the day we were slated to have our 2nd discussion, she HASN'T completed her work AGAIN. And u know what? It's not just the discussion part that I forcefully allocated her the 2nd time round.. even the first part, where she chose the easy part of the work, she has yet to complete!!!! OMG!

And oh man i'm really damn pissed. Cos of her all the work has come to a standstill. If she doesnt complete her part of the work, her partner can't compile and edit, and my partner can't do the final abstract.. and all these take time.. and the thing is due next week!!!!!!! ARGH!!!!! She thinks cos it's due next week she can take her time?! What about the rest of the group?! She forgets that these other people will have to clean up her ass for her after she poops! She's not giving them time to do it?! WAH LAU i'm really damn pissed.... very very very damn pissed.

My nice nice partner.. super nice ger... even this super nice ger.. is asking me to "please go push her hurry her for me... i need time to complete my part of the job".

ARGH thing is, i never wanted to say this here cos even if i tell u who she is u would go 'HUH? She's like that? Unbelievable.' And anyway, i dont like to bitch abt others.

But she's really crossed the line this time..

When u are selfish to the extent u jeopardise the results of others, it is really very very wrong of u.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home