The Legends of the Pugilistic Leader

This is a record of my everyday life, my thoughts and feelings, and my favourite topics. Read it if it's of interest to u!

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Are you confident?

You're Confident...Sometimes

You can seem confident when the occasion calls for it
But inside you may be experiencing a bit of self doubt
A little more inner confidence could take you far...
And convince others that you're as confident as you try to seem
Are You Confident?

I am? Never knew...


I'm still thinkin over wat the hell possessed me to tell my story to 2 people in the short span of one night.

But never mind.

Oh yea.. I met Took's wife again today.... poor girl. She can't be much older than me. Rocking her kid in the stroller, standing under the merciless sun, enduring the sweltering heat, outside 四马路观音庙. I went there to pray with my grandma and aunt... and of cos, who were the greater ones? The volunteers there helping her garner petitions. Took was no kith or kin of theirs.. yet they willingly sacrificed their time and energy suffering under the hot sun for his family.

When they asked for my help, I hesitated. My aunt and grandma were alreadie walking a distance away. Should I catch up with them? Or should I sign it?

It took me a few seconds to make the decision.

I took the pen and wrote down my name and identification number, and gave my signature.

I looked up, and I saw my aunt walking up to me.

She too, took the piece of paper over and signed it.

After that, my grandma too, came up and signed it with us.

I am glad. I know this is probably not going to help much, but we did what we should do. We offered warmth to humans in desperate need of it. I glanced at Took's wife as the volunteers pointed her out to me.. she smiled weakly at me and nodded her thanks as she continued rocking her child. It was one look I would never forget. I stopped to give my petition for that weak smile. But what was exchanged was far more than that smile... it was the warmth and love of mankind.

If I hadn't stop, I may not have a chance to do anything for their family. Because I stopped, my aunt and grandma stopped to wait for me, and in turn, I helped get 2 more signatures for them. It was a small gesture on my part, but it was all I could do. And of cos, I gotta say this.. my grandma often scoffs at such things... she's a non-believer of petitions and wat not... but she stopped to sign for them. And even chatted with the volunteers for a while to offer her sympathies. I am proud to have such a grandma. If she didn't mean to help, even if I stopped, she would never have signed the petition.

Someone asked me... don't I feel that I'm falling trap to their actions to evoke sympathy?

Maybe.

But it doesnt matter. I don't have anyone to answer for in this world other than myself. I feel happy after doing this one thing. Not for Took, but for his family.

According to the volunteers there, they need 40,000 signatures at least. Currently, they only managed to garner about 10,000 despite their efforts, cos many people shun them.

Oh well.. I dunno man.

My grandma has an incredible source of tips and stories from her Chinatown gossip gang. According to the lady hawker there, who meets everybody from all over Singapore, Took was the scapegoat of the real murderer.

Well well.

My grandma's sources also told her that the Holland Cloze murder was cos the wife was an extreme gambling addict, and the unborn baby was not fathered by her husband.

And also, the Serangoon murder was due to some debt collector tiff, commonly known as the Ah Longs.

Believable or not?

My grandma firmly believes in her sources.

As for me?

Well, take everything with a pinch of salt my friends. =)

2 Comments:

At 6:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*Applaude..* You did the right thing, in my opinion.. Why should we show no mercy to others? Humans should stop killing each other when there are enough ways for them to die naturally.. And even if there has been one death, two wrongs dun make a right..

 
At 11:39 PM, Blogger greatshiner said...

yea haha thanks for ur support. if i go join singapore idol, u muz oso come support me ah!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home