The Legends of the Pugilistic Leader

This is a record of my everyday life, my thoughts and feelings, and my favourite topics. Read it if it's of interest to u!

Saturday, August 20, 2005

A father's love.

We sent my mum to her cooking class just now, and she was complaining that I was not helping out with the housework, as usual.

Me: But I have to go rush my tutorials before Monday, since we are going to the wake tonight!

Mum: You never help me at all lar. I have no time to clean up before going to the wake tonight cos of the class! Just help me clean up lar.

Me: *sulks*

After dropping my mum off, only dad and I were left in the car.

Dad: Your mummy asked you to clean up the house hor?

Me: Yar lar.. but I have no time.. need to rush homework!

Dad: What she use? That paper mop thing right?

Me: Yar.. that's quite easy to use.

Dad: Ok lar I dunno how to use it, you help me fix the paper onto that mop I clean the house lar.

Me: YAY!!!

At home, after daddy cleaned up the home,

Dad: Later if your mummy ask, tell her you cleaned up the home huh.

Me: No lar I will tell her YOU did it.

Dad: No tell her you did it! If not she will scold you again.

Me: Huh? Ok I will tell her we did it together.

Dad: Ok that's better. If not later she will scold you again.

Daddy better than mummy hor hor hor????

Suddenly it just hit me.. how important my family is to me. My parents, my brother, my grandma. How much they love me, how much I love them. Life is just too unpredictable.

Was chatting with Mr Beng just now. His granddaddy just passed away 2 days ago. No signs no nothing, very sudden. According to the death cert, the reason of death was "old age". As we reminisced about our childhood and our grandparents, it hit me that for many things, if we do not cherish them soon enough, we will live to regret it in future. Time cannot be turned back, no point regretting though. Cherish the people around us, our loved ones, for they will not be around us forever. If I had a choice, I would rather give up my life for them than have them leave me. But it is just not possible. Many things once passed, will never return. All we have to hold on to, are memories, memories, and more memories.

Not in a superb mood recently, hate to write about depressing things in this blog cos it was meant to be a source of entertainment for friends. But allow me these few entries. I will spring back soon!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home