The Legends of the Pugilistic Leader

This is a record of my everyday life, my thoughts and feelings, and my favourite topics. Read it if it's of interest to u!

Monday, July 25, 2005

Today's the first day of school!! Yippee!! So high! Man... don't we all lurve school!! The lectures, the tutorials, the school compound, the lecturers... School makes me feel great!!!!!

*pukes out today's breakfast, lunch and dinner taken at one of the top 50 universities in the world*

Even before the first lecture started, things have already started going wrong. Dragged my half-awake body from the MRT to the 179 booth at the bus terminal. SHIT! DAMNIT! Checked my watch, double checked my watch, triple checked my watch. 7.45am, correct what! I always reach school damn early cos I take daddy's shun feng car to Bukit Batok and take MRT from there. Closer to sch than Somerset, can save on tpt fees. But cos my dad starts work early, I always have to go to school much earlier than others. So normally, when I reach the 179 booth, the queue there's always damn short. No need to stand and wait very long for the bus.

But today, first day of school and already everyone's sooo eager to start!!!!! Miss the dear profs and assoc profs right?! PUI like real lar! Muz be cos they miss the chiobu or yandao they always byo at Lee Wee Nam! Argh!! How can the bus be soo crowded at such an early hour!? *slaps forehead in despair* How I live on if it continues to be like that?!

Never mind.. first day of school.. we all LURVE school remember?! Never never NEVER let the little things get us down! Go on to school and the joy of mugging will all come back to you! Wowee!!! I happily endured the 15 plus minutes of standing on the bus and getting jostled around by impatient students and aunties. Finally alighted at my beloved hangout, canteen A!!! WOW I MISS the coffee lady there.. gotta go get my daily dose of caffeine before the day starts!!! I happily bought my kopi tapao and trudged on to my next fav destination, SBS (School of Biological Sciences)!!

At SBS, I sat at the benches outside and sat down to enjoy my kopi and breakfast while sitting in the cool morning breeze. NTU is seriously a kampong.. early morning get surrounded by ethereal mist while la-ing my kopi.. feel like a princess in heaven. *coughs* ahem. Usually the resource room where I print my notes opens at 8.30am, and since I'm so early, I usually have quite a lot of time to slowly la kopi and enjoy myself. However today, suddenly, as I was halfway through my kopi, I heard a someone cursing and swearing while walking towards me. I looked up and saw Edward, this guy from BS (Bio Sci, not BullShit).

"Shit I dunno what the hell they are doing.. the bloody resource room is CLOSED! CLOSED! ALL THE WAY TILL 30th JULY!!!"

WHAT?! FREAK! I walked ALL THE WAY FROM CAN A HERE YOU CLOSE THE RESOURCE ROOM!? PUI! Now I have to walk ALL THE WAY BACK to library 2 to print my notes and then walk BACK to SBS for lecture! Perfect. Just the perfect way to start the term. Well done. Give us all a pleasant surprise. They trying to train the guys up for IPPT or what?!

Anyway since we already have to go all the way to library 2, I thought I might as well join this Breakfast Club composed of a lot of the BS FOC (Bio Sci Freshman Orientation Camp, not BullShit, Free Of Charge) people at Can A. Bad choice. It was at Can A sitting at the table filled with the BS FOC people that I suddenly realise... I'm sitting at a table filled with familiar faces.
But un-recallable names. Shit. My memory's failing me. "Uh hey you.. hi! Long time no see! So how did you spend your hols?" "Hi! How're you?! Uhh... so how's life getting on?"
Managed to bluff my way thru the morning. *wipes sweat*

Halfway thru the first lecture, I decided I really couldn't make it any longer.. I need another dose of caffeine!!! During the 10 minutes break, I rushed to the vending machine at the BS lobby to get Nescafe canned coffee. And the vending machine swallowed the 2 one dollar coins I inserted, without excreting the canned coffee I so desired. ARGH!!! First day of school!!! You are testing my patience lar!!!!! I stormed to the office to get Irene, the person in charge of the miscellaneous stuff in BS, and asked her to call the company to get me a refund. And she refused.. asked me to do it myself. Never mind.. I have a VERY high level of tolerance. Very. Though it's already stretched DANGEROUSLY to the limit. I went and called Coca Cola maintenance.. and asked them to come and dig out the coins and pass them to Irene. I would collect my money from Irene later. *evil laughter* Try to evade your duties some more lar! Try some more! I will personally make sure you do everything you are paid to do, and make sure the job's well done!

Whee! Victory to KS! That settled, I went for lunch with Kayan, Shiqin and gang, at the new (but also not say very new) Cafe Quad. After entering the cafe, I thought I saw a familiar face... but weird.. she's not supposed to be here. Think maybe cos I lack sleep I'm starting to hallucinate. Rubs eyes... tadaa! She's STILL there! Ms Cheong! My geog teacher from RG! I went up to her, knees quaking (another childhood.. ahem.. I mean teenhood phobia of this teacher), and asked in a tiny mousey voice, "Hi.. are you Ms Cheong?"

Cheong: Yes. And your name?

KS: Kah Suan.

Cheong: Oh I remember you. You really look different. You used to be quite fat right?
(cheong ah cheong.. the correct word is plump hor)

KS: Yes. Haha

Cheong: So what happened?

KS: Uhh.. I just grew up I guess.

Cheong: Wah... grow up can grow like that one ah? Haha. So what course are you doing now?

KS: Bio sci. You? How come you are here?

Cheong: I'm lecturing at NIE now. For 2 years. After that I will probably go back to Chinese High. A lot of my RG girls are asking me to go back to RG you know? *smirks* But I kinda prefer the Chinese High guys. (WHAT?! The laosai coloured shorts school?! You gotta be kidding me!!!)

KS: HUH?! Oh.. uhh.. ok. But RG better lar. But it's your choice ultimately. Haha *laughs nervously*

Cheong turns to her colleague: I remember this girl. She used to love to ask me lots of questions! Lots of interesting questions! (yeah right) Last time I think a lot of you think I'm very fierce right?

KS starts fidgeting: Uh... no lar. You were really a nice teacher. (no you were a nightmare). We all liked you a lot! (We all dreaded your lessons). Really!
KS tried to squeeze out a smile.

Cheong: So today's the first day of school.. how's it?

KS, dripping with sarcasm: HAHA oh we all LURVE school don't we! I've been looking forward to this day for the entire 3 months of holidays!

Cheong: Yeah! RG girls are all like that! That's my girl! They all look forward to school!
Someone needs to train her to look out for sarcasm when she hears it.

KS starts to look for an escape: I gotta go look for my friends! Hope to meet you some other time! Cya around!

Phew.

After surviving lunch and slacking for a few more hours, time for the next lecture! As the saying goes, chi bao bao, shui hu hu.. eat so full, how to stay awake during lecture!? I tried to lor.. seriously. Not my fault lar! The prof can do an introduction to the topic for like, 2 whole hours?! Faint... After 15 minutes, my lids started to feel real heavy. Dug around in my bag for toothpicks to pry my eyes open.. SHIT! Forgot to bring my trusty toothpicks! Argh! Too bad lar. Went to meet uncle Chow. At uncle Chow's I met like, 90% of the people in the lt. Poor Priezer. First lect already kena condemned like that. Yawnz. Woke up as the lect ended and went home for tuition. There ends my very nice first school day. *grinz widely*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home