The Legends of the Pugilistic Leader

This is a record of my everyday life, my thoughts and feelings, and my favourite topics. Read it if it's of interest to u!

Saturday, May 21, 2005

Woke up at an ungodly hour today.. to go to the airport to fetch this trainee from New York on a traineeship attachment here. I've no complaints about that.. cos I suddenly decided to be a more onz member of my society. :D

That lady is a very well-mannered lady from Yale University. She's a History major, going on to her 3rd year after this summer break. The following information is for Jing... I'm sure she wanna know this badly.. is she HOT like Paris?! Yeah I guess, you could say she's rather attractive. Slim, well-defined features, and she wore pink the first day I met her. So all of that added up to give a good impression. The only not-so-nice thing about her is her hair.. looks kinda unkempt. If you ever get to meet her you will know what I mean. Wahahahaha!!

She brought like, 2 HUGE suitcases plus a haversack full of things for a 1 month stay... and cos she looked sooo freakin tired, my senior and I juz felt obliged to help her with her suitcases. And we brought her to Choa Chu Kang, where she will be staying for the duration in Singapore. And there my grouches started to set in.

We met this senior coordinator there, this senior 1 year older than me, at CCK MRT station. She's kind of like, the person in charge of all the trainees and all, and she only started looking for a reception officer (that's me) like, a few days before the trainee arrived. How responsible. And I did not even officially agree!! She kinda forced me into agreement. She juz smsed me the details and asked me if I could be this girl's reception officer. And stupid me went to ask her more about what a reception officer has to do. That kinda made her ASSUME that I was willing to take the job. So the next sms she sent me was like,"K so I put u as her reception officer k? Anything happens there will be me to guide you along."
Yeah ok fine. I wanna be a more onz member anywayz.. so I thought, no harm in juz accepting this job. BIG mistake. This coordinator juz kinda threw everything right into my face, making it seem like my fault that I've not done anything when hey.. she only juz passed me the info one day ago. So I'm supposed to know immediately what I have to do and I have to do it like, with 100% efficiency. And she expects me to check my email 24/7.. so she will send an email about something that I have to do a few hours before I was expected to do that thing. Wow how nice... And she blames me for not checking my email! Wow.. good job. And she did not even bother to wake up early to go to the airport to fetch that girl though I was "supposed" to go pick her up. Wah like I live damn near the airport lar.. and I wanna sleep late too k?

And then when we met, she kindly reminded me that I was supposed to send the girl this evaluation form that she was supposed to complete. And then she kindly reminded me again that I had to do it very very soon if not the girl would have gone back to the states before I knew it. Yeah how nice. She was supposed to guide me along and not juz throw everything in my face and expect me to do it... and I really really suspect that I am doing her a great favor by agreeing to be a reception officer in so short notice.

And then even though the girl looked sooo visibly worn out and jet-lagged after a 20+ hour flight, she wanted to bring the girl to the company to look around, and even asked me where else I had planned to bring the girl to. Hey I know it's my job to bring her around Singapore and all.. but.. can u like, give her some time to rest first? This is only the first day.. what's the big rush!? And even though you were able to sleep till about 7+am before coming to meet us, we woke up at 5+am to go to the airport to pick her up, after sleeping at about 1+am cos there were so many loose ends to tie up... could you maybe give us some time to go home and sleep? Oh and BTW she had to go after a while.. cos she had some meeting to attend... how nice. Urgh.. talk about inconsiderate people.. yeah.. oh btw sorry to say.. that girl was from HC.. one year our senior. Is it typical of these students from these elite schools to think of no one but themselves?! #%@#%%#%##@$!%$^@^@!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home