The Legends of the Pugilistic Leader

This is a record of my everyday life, my thoughts and feelings, and my favourite topics. Read it if it's of interest to u!

Thursday, May 19, 2005

Had GE today..... and of cos.. interaction with that GE pal of mine never fails to entertain me. Today after the lecture in the morning, we went to have lunch. She told me that she had to go to the computer lab after lunch to print her lecture notes.... oh well that's absolutely fine with me.. Cos I can go there and use the internet till it was time for our next lesson. K so we started eating our lunch. And we started chatting. Ok.. actually it was more like.. SHE started chatting... being her usual sociable self.
"So how do you find the Confucian thinking? Do you think it can work in the world of today? Oh I think Singapore is doing a better job at promoting Confucianism than China! The children in China are not taught Confucianism anymore! My grandfather always complains to me about it." (Her grandfather is some scholar in Confucianism)
"Oh is it? Hmmm.. I guess it could be cos China is kind of like, communist country and they are not supposed to believe in things like Confucianism." *nods wisely*
"Oh actually now China is not really a Communist state any more. At least not in spirit. The communist thing is juz in name." Oh I know that.. of cos I do... hey I was juz testing her knowledge can?
"Oh yar.. that I know. Hmm.. but maybe cos last time for a period of time under Mao Zedong they were not supposed to believe in Confucianism?"
"Oh in fact.. Mao Zedong's principles are rather similar to Confucianism....blah blah........." Oh well.. so much for trying to act smart.
"......""......""......"etc etc
We moved on to the Tiananmen incident.
GE pal,"A lot of people felt that it was Deng Xiaoping's fault. He did not handle it properly. He should not have used real bullets on the students."
"Yeah I agree. It was his fault." *wipes sweat*
Come on.. let's move on to something else.. I can't keep up with this conversation.. what Deng Xiao Ping?! What Tiananmen incident?! What students?! What what what!?
GE pal," I used to live near that area.. during that Tiananmen incident, I could see tanks driving past everyday... it was quite scary even though I was too young to fully comprehend what was going on."
Ok.. yeah.. I know I know.. now.. you have taken FAR too long to eat!!! Hey my dear friend.. you still have to print your notes you know...
Finally.. after a VERY obvious lack of interest from me... (okok... I mean, I AM interested in such things.. but.. ok fine.. there was a very obvious lack of KNOWLEDGE from me.. sigh.. time to read up more about such things... if I wanna become a more learned person.) finally she finished her lunch... took 45 minutes for a simple meal... sigh.. can't talk to her more about things that interest her during lunch next time.... not if she still has something else to do after lunch and I don't want to be late.

Oh btw... if u people have time go read my brother's entry about this personality test he paid 50 bucks to take. (@%$^@^#$@@$!!! 50 goddamn bucks!!! I can take these tests for free online!!!) In any case.. I supposedly have an artistic (and stupid) brother... wahaha.. yeah.. and the exchange between him and my dad took place while I was ironing the clothes... almost burnt the clothes cos I was too busy laughing after hearing his personality test results. Oh well.. juz.. go read lar.. haha

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home