The Legends of the Pugilistic Leader

This is a record of my everyday life, my thoughts and feelings, and my favourite topics. Read it if it's of interest to u!

Thursday, May 26, 2005

Pros and Cons of living near town area

Pros
  1. You get to see many chiooo cars zooming about everyday, from Lamborghinis to Ferraris, and to the less often seen Zonda. Occasionally a Rolls pass you by. Or maybe a Bentley.
  2. You get to see many chiooobus sashaying about everyday, ranging from the well-maintained tai tais to the well-made-up Japanese, Korean or Caucasian housewives, to kawaii international students renting flats in the area. Not to mention the... erm.. ladies of the night, who doll themselves up every night and catwalk around the area trying to catch a cab to Geylang to start work.
  3. You see many yandaos wearing sharp suits driving flashy cars to work everyday. You might also see them wearing straight-out-of-Milan attires on their way to chill out during the weekends. There are also many young punks (CUTE young punks) in the area to serve as yummy eye candy.
  4. My place is quite close to MS, which means I can easily walk home after clubbing/pubbing, saving on cab fare+midnight surcharge. (that is, provided I'm not drunk and can recognise the way home. But since I do not really drink, that is not a big problem.)
  5. You can walk to town. You can shop all you want.
  6. You can get home easily after Christmas eve or New Year's eve countdowns in town.
  7. You can walk home after weekday midnight movies at Cineleisure.
  8. You don't have to trouble yourself trying to find inexpensive parking areas in town since you can just walk to town.
  9. Because you live so close to town, friends feel obliged to walk you hom or send you home after a late night in town (applies for girls only).

Cons

  1. You become a spare tyre whenever your friends get stranded in town with no companion for shopping or whatever.
    e.g. 1
    "Hey Kah Suan, I'm in town now, shopping with XX. After a while XX has to leave. You wanna come and join me for coffee or something?"
    e.g. 2
    "Hey Kah Suan, I just finished this interview in town and I have nothing to do now. You want to come out and accompany me?"
    Haha these people you know who you are huh!!
  2. Whenever you have gatherings with friends in town, your friends JUST had to make you meet them at the MRT station furthest away from you, for the fun of it (-_-") . i.e. In my case, it's a 10 minute walk to Somerset MRT, a 30 minute walk to Orchard MRT and a 25 minute walk to Dhoby Ghaut MRT. So they will choose to meet at Orchard or Dhoby Ghaut, or ANYWHERE but Somerset MRT. Just so I get to exercise more. No wonder I'm losing more and more weight after I moved here.
  3. There is NO bus from your place to town, not to any of the more popular places in town. So whenever it is, wherever you are, whatever happens, the only method you can go home by is to use your own 2 hind limbs. It doesn't matter if you are dead tired from a whole day of crazy shopping, or your eyes are very nearly shut after a very late midnight movie, or you are already staggering from a drink too many, or the hot sun is shining on you mercilessly, or... err.. yeah you get the idea.
  4. Everyone thinks you are rich. EVERYONE! When the truth is you actually live in this run-down apartment block infested with lizards and roaches and god-knows-what. And hell, you even stand a much greater chance of being kidnapped. The thing is, I betcha my daddy and mummy won't have enough money for the ransom. Even if they might have some way of getting the money, e.g by borrowing or stealing or robbing banks, you think they would do it? Of cos not! Gosh I dunno how long they had waited for this one chance, to get rid of this good-for-nothing daughter! (juz kiddin.. I'm so cute I bet my daddy and mummy juz adore me. :D)
  5. The nearest market is accessible only by car.
  6. The nearest hawker centre is accessible only by car.
  7. The eateries here charge exhorbitant rates for simple hawker fare.
  8. The nearest eateries are a 10 minute walk away. (Cons 6, 7 and 8 are the reasons why I usually do not bother to eat lunch when I'm at home for the whole day. Which is in turn another reason why I'm becoming slimmer after moving here.)
  9. Tai tais looooovve dogs... they absolutely adore them. But not their poo. So every where you go you risk stepping on doggy poo. What didya think?! Of cos tai tais won't risk chipping or dirtying their precious perfectly manicured nails by bending down and picking up the doggy poo.
  10. Everyone here wears French sounding labels. Gucci, Fendi, Prada, LV, Versace, Dior.. what? Guess? Nah.. that's toooo cheap!! AX?? Nah.. try again. Salvatore Ferragamo? Much better. Yikes! So where does that place me?! Me who wears those 3 for $10 tees I got from Tiong Bahru market.. OMG.. that explains why yours truly always hides at home refusing to wear her LX or Praba out. (in case you are lost, check out the labels of the 3 for $10 tees next time you visit your nearest market.)

Sigh.. so now you still think living near town is good? Think again.. before trying to become my neighbour.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home