The Legends of the Pugilistic Leader

This is a record of my everyday life, my thoughts and feelings, and my favourite topics. Read it if it's of interest to u!

Monday, May 23, 2005

Finally went shopping today!!! Shopping as in, shopping with mummy and mummy paying for my purchases. Woo hoo!!! So shiok!!! The feeling is exhilarating!!!! And guess what?! I discovered a new shopping paradise!!!!!! I dunno if I'm the last one to know that this place exists -__- but anyway it's at Bugis Village, opposite Bugis Junction. U gotta go ALL the way in.. at first I was juz looking at all the auntie shops on the outside... then suddenly THERE!!! I saw this walkway filled with Far East and Annex style shops. Being drawn by this invisible force, I had no choice but to walk in. I walked into the first shop there.. walked a bit further in...... juz a bit... and then a bit more.... and VOILA!!!! There lies a whole new exciting world at the back of the shop, where there's another exit!!!!!!!! It opens into a WHOLE MAZE OF SHOPS!!!!! OMG!!! IT's not juz ONE walkway... it's MANY MANY MANY!!!!!! Can u imagine my excitement!!!!!!!!! Adrenaline rushed thru my whole body... and I could not stop anymore!!!

The invisible force juz drew me further and further in.. I knew not where I was going anymore! All I saw was shops shops and MORE shops!!!!! OMG!!!!! I feel like Alice in Wonderland!!! Erm.. I mean KS in Shoppingland!!!! I discovered a whole new Far East!!!!! And the clothes there are cheaper!!!! Cos a part of that shopping area is not air-conditioned.. so it was kinda hot.. but it's all worth it!!!! The clothes are all soooo cute!!!!! All sooo colourful!!!!!!!!!!!

My first purchase.... a skirt!!!! I stopped at this shop and started looking at all the skirts there.... OMG how should I choose!??!?! It's a SIN I tell you.. that you have to choose one from all the fab skirts there! OMG check out that gorgeous denim one.. WHAT?! ONLY 10 bucks!!!!!! You really gotta be kidding... No no.. but hey!!! That PINK skirt looks soooo much better!!!! Shit.. I think my eyes are gonna pop outta their sockets soon.. NO no NOOOO!!! That other one.. that glittery one is BETTER!!!! SooOOOoooo fab!!!!!!! ARgh!!!! How to choose?!??? Sigh... in the end... with a bleeding heart.. I settled for a cool checked skirt. Heh... damn cute. The nice shopkeeper allowed me to try it... and my mum started going," Tsk tsk tsk.... so short... how to wear!?" "No lar mummy.. it's not very short lar.. normal only. It looks good.. only 10 dollars leh.. buy lar buy lar.." (Yeah mummy is my goddess of wealth). Finally after much wheedling and persuasion HURRAY!!!! Victory!!! V(^^,)V

Next purchase.. a T-shirt!!! It was at this shop right in the core of the maze!!! I actually MISSED the shop at first go!!! Can you believe it!? In the end I caught sight of IT from the CORNER OF MY EYE!!!! The ABERCROMBIE TEE!!!! Whoa!!!! I squeezed into the shop thru the side entrance in my haste to check out that t-shirt... wah! Lucky no one saw me... phew.. if not kinda paiseh.. haha. I was checking out that tee happily.. scrutinizing it and holding it against me looking at the mirror... and the auntie at the shop started trying to persuade me to buy... -_- billabong and ripcurl tees. "Hey girl.. u want billabong? It's nice! Will look nice on you! Come I show you." And before I could say anything she took out the entire collection of billabong tees she had. "No lar auntie I prefer Abercrombie." Smiles weakly.
"Oh billabong you don't want ah? Ripcurl lar! Ripcurl I also have a lot. Come come I show you!"
And again, she took out her entire collection of ripcurl tees. -.-
"Auntie... I ah.. I really prefer Abercrombie." AUNTIE JUZ GIMME ABERCROMBIE!!! *sweats*
"Don't want ripcurl also ah? How about roxy?? A lot of you young girls like roxy leh.. "
"Ah auntie no lar.. err.. juz this yellow Abercrombie tee thanks!" Yeah quick quick.. pay liao siam.
"Eh girl thank you ah.. nah give you my card. U have any friends ask them come here ok? Got a lot of clothes you young girls like. I always go poly sell.. Ngee Ann and Singapore Poly."
"Eh auntie how come you don't wanna come university sell?"
"Aiyo university.. the students there only study study study.. last time I went NUS everywhere I go I see them studying. No one come to buy clothes from me. I go Ngee Ann.. wah!! There the students really have spending power. The girls there very smart.. want to buy clothes ask their boyfriends buy for them! So smart! At one go can spend a lot of money! Go there good!"
"Haha ok."
All the above do not represent my personal opinion.. merely repeating auntie's words =p
Actually that top cost quite cheap.. I dunno if it's the real thing or some parallel imported stuff.. but I seriously doubt it's real.. though the material is quite good. Eh so next time you people see me wearing this Abercrombie top.. shhhh.... help me keep this secret k.. hee hee

Next purchase.. a 3/4 cardigan!!!! Hee hee.. the type I showed in one of my previous posts!! OMG I feel soooo satisfied......
No wait.. actually no.. I saw this other bag... it's this Adidas bag... no no.. not the type that Jing carries.. it's also a sling bag.. but it's different. Urgh anyway it's all soo cool! There's also this pair of Birkenstock sandals... quite cheap!! I wan I wan!!!! I WANT THEM ALL!!!! AHHHH!!!

K too bad.. goddess of wealth ran outta cash.. gotta wait for next trip. Sigh.. wanna go back there soon!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home