The Legends of the Pugilistic Leader

This is a record of my everyday life, my thoughts and feelings, and my favourite topics. Read it if it's of interest to u!

Saturday, May 14, 2005

I'm 120 bucks richer today. *smilez*. Easy job.. yeah right... sigh.. money is hard to earn. Anywayz I went to work at the airport today.. transit area. Woke up at 5.15am... juz so I can reach the airport at 6.10am... Sianz.. ended up looking like a panda.. lucky I combed my hair and made sure I looked presentable b4 I left the house.. cos if I look CMI, I'm pretty sure I will be the person working with the least efficiency cos of the nature of the job... okok I noe I noe.. even if I combed my hair etc etc, I still look like shit rite.. yeah.. but at least I look like a presentable shit.. I hope.. Haha.. As can be expected from the type of job where u have to interact with a lot of people, lots of interesting things happened. We were promoting the launch of this new airline.. and giving out freebies to all the passengers passing thru the gates of the departure hall.

First interesting thing. Met this passenger who apparently heard of the airline before. So he was like asking me," Does this airline fly destination XXX?" Yeah of cos I was there juz cheating money and trying to be Santa.. But still.. gotta act like I know something about the airline rite? Cos there was this HUGE sign there that says "This airline flies destination YYY", so I juz quoted that sign, and told that passenger,"No, I don't think it flies XXX." But of cos, being the knowledgeable passenger he was, he juz had to give me this evil smile.. and nicely informed me," Oh juz so that u know, this airline DOES fly XXX." zzzz... yeah ok.. so it was a quiz.. oh well.. at least I still got that 120 bucks.

Next up... another interesting passenger. I was giving him freebies.... so I guess out of courtesy he started to ask me what airline it is etc etc.. and of cos, being the slightly-more-informed cheater I was, I started to rattle off about the airline etc etc. When I came to the airline itself, the passenger gave a start," Oh! So it's THIS airline! I know the CEO! He's my friend!!!" And he proceeded to rattle of the rather long name of the boss.. which obviously I did not catch cos he spoke too fast... but anyway, wanna fake muz fake 100%... so I juz nodded, smiled my sweetest smile, and said," Oh yes yes yes!" My nose is growing longer n longer as the day passed... Ok.. so I dunno who the person ultimately paying me the 120 bucks is..... but anyway, what matters is that at the end of the day I DO get that money!! Right? Yeah!! *smilez* (Oh btw, I was officially on the airport's payroll today, though it was for the promotion of the launch of the new airline).

Oh! Btw, today I juz found out that there's this girl with the same name as me!! As in, chinese name!!! The exact same characters jia xuan!!! And guess what... she knows another girl with the same name!! Same characters too!!! OMG!!!! Sigh I always thot my name was unique... but anywayz it's good to know your name is not all that weird after all.. haha

We had this attire to wear for the promotion... and oh well, it was one attire which made a lot of people misunderstand me...... sigh.. dunno what this means? Ask me in MSN.. anywayz there were also lots of people who commented that we looked very good in the attire! Who were they??? Ask me in MSN! Haha. Secret!!! Shhhh...

Anywayz at one part as I was smiling and giving out freebies to a group of these 3 Jap guys, after they accepted the freebies graciously, they turned and started talking amongst themselves," Kawaii ne!!" Oh well I'm sure they were tokking abt the freebie... nah no way.. I dun think they were tokking about me... Of cos not... no way... oh wait.. yeah oh well.. I guess it could partially be referring to me... mebbe.... hmm... I guess so.. wahahahaha. Too bad it's a bunch of Ojisan... and not some kakkoi boyboys... if not think I'll juz drop my stuff and take the plane to Japan with them. Haha.

I realised that it was really easy to see which country a person is from by the way he/she behaves when presented with freebies. Some of the European people will look very surprised, and then accept the souvenir graciously and say thank you. A lot of the Jap people will juz reject the souvenir outright... cos I think due to their poor command of English, they probably think we are trying to con them of their money buying these souvenirs. Then the Chinese and Taiwanese and the rest of the Japs (those with better command of English) will shake their head at first... cos I used a relatively cheem term "complimentary" (by their standards I guess).. immediately after I tried a different word "free.. this is a free gift"... whoa! Their attitudes juz kinda turned 180 degrees... "Fulee? Oh! Sank you!" (Translation: Free? Oh thank you!) Oh well guess I should have juz stuck to the word "free"... except that it sounds juz slightly less cultured and a bit crude... yeah but oh well, it's highly understandable. And of cos, there were the Singaporeans. "Free? Ok free one then I take. Haha. Can I have X more? (where X refers to the number of freebies that they took) I have X sons/daughters." :p oh well.. can't blame them... strictly speaking they are not the only people who took for their many kids.. many of those Australians and Americans and Europeans etc did too... except that it happened slightly more frequently for Singaporeans. Haha.

Oh but of cos! Not all Singaporeans are like that! 2 examples who are not will be Beatrice Chia and Gurmit Singh. Yeah saw them at the airport today. Well actually, I only saw Beatrice Chia.. but my partner at the booth saw Gurmit while I was helping out at another booth. Beatrice is really pretty in real life I muz say... when I saw her she was without makeup, or with minimal. I could see her freckles. But her skin was really flawless and smooth.. and she was really tall and slim and carried herself well! Oh god... why wasn't I born with her kind of looks?! If I was, then I could probably be described as "kirei" and not "kawaii"!! Oh well.. why the hell am I complaining... not everyone can call themselves kawaii anywayz.. haha

Yep! That's all for the first episode of the day. To be continued with the next episode of the day, where I met up with my ex colleagues!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home