The Legends of the Pugilistic Leader

This is a record of my everyday life, my thoughts and feelings, and my favourite topics. Read it if it's of interest to u!

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Oh I'm SOOO lazy to blog now that I have so many other entertainment choices!

Ok lets see what we did today. I slacked around at home after I woke up at 12pm... (yippee been SO LONG since I had that kinda luxury) then I ate brunch, then I bathed and slack some more.. then I took out the novel I borrowed from the library and started reading... then I contemplated taking an afternoon nap... then my mum suggested going out...


And OUT WE WENT!

We went to Tiong Bahru Plaza and I got a manicure and pedicure and mummy got a pedicure! WHEE!!! Like.. I SOOO love my pretty nails! Shit that sounds so Paris-Hilton-Bimbo-ish.. but I FEEL like Paris Hilton now! Exams over.. GSS coming.. it's time to SHOP TILL I DROP!

DANG! Then I remember I'm still happily unemployed... sigh... and my tuitions are not paying themselves out yet cos of the hiatus I took during my exams. Fret not. I shall start dialing up all the job agencies tomorrow and I'm sure I will land a deal sooner or later! YAY! Even with my crazy schedule.. 有志者事竟成! YEA!

Do not ask me out too much.. do not make me waste too much money yea? I need to save up for my Vancouver exchange my friends....


Oh yea. BTW I did promise to talk about the exchange din I? Sorry KS getting old.. short term memory.

Ok anyway here goes.

I submitted an application to go on this exchange program called INSTEP in NTU and then weeks later I received the reply that my application has been approved and I've been chosen to go to University of British Columbia in Vancouver for an exchange! I represent my faculty and NTU! And then I went to the UBC website to apply, and then now I will have to wait for them to process the application. I may not be chosen. But hopefully that chance is small.. haha. If everything goes well, I will have to reach Vancouver latest 3rd September. If I wanna tour the region I might go early cos my term ends 22nd December and by then school's almost starting here in Singapore. I might stay till 26th to experience for myself a WHITE CHRISTMAS for the first time in mah life! COOL!


Anyway now there's this slight lil hiccup cos my idiotic fac decides to rearrange the modules and introduce some new ones, mainly TCM modules, and thus I may have to re-match my subjects. And the most most idiotic thing is, I kept emailing the coordinator in my desperation to clear up my doubts but he TOTALLY ignored me. Asshole. So I decided to change tactics and emailed the international relations office. Hope they will give me an answer soon! I will know if the UBC side accepts me by this month. If yes, then I'll have to register for my subjects before 10th june.


Anyone has any recommendations on good and cheap airlines to get to Vancouver? Yea I know I'm jumping the gun a bit.. my application has not even been approved yet! But hell.. one needs to plan yea? Hee

Oh COOL I'm sooo excited about this whole thing. I got around asking pple about Vancouver and UBC and EVERYONE said they LOVED it over there! OOOHHHH! They said Vancouver's famous for ski-resorts and other snow sports I think. Hee but whether I try those will depend on my financial situation. I calculated. I'm gonna spend 10k there and not a cent more. I'll try my best to earn 8k by myself during this 4 months.. hopefully I can achieve it!


Yea I know.. 10k.. should be affordable for my parents but heyyyy after a certain age you stop wanting to rely on your parents yea? So I wanna earn my own money spend my own money! So basically I'm on a tight budget. Anyone who wants souvenirs from Vancouver... ummm.. maple leaves will be fine? Yea I figure. You guys are the greatest greatest friends EVER I swear! =)


OK as for the other things I'm gonna do during hols.. let's leave that for tmr's post yea? I'm tired k? I have a tuition to go for tmr morning and another one in the afternoon! SIGH need to sleep! Goodbye!!!!

3 Comments:

At 6:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey 10K is a lot for 4 moths leh.. I dun even spend that in 4 months! Even if I add the touring expenses.. U wanna eat abalone there everyday ah?

 
At 9:15 PM, Blogger greatshiner said...

10k inclusive of school fees and airfare! And travel of cos! Shit issit really ex??

 
At 5:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh inclusive of sch fees then not ex lah..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home