The Legends of the Pugilistic Leader

This is a record of my everyday life, my thoughts and feelings, and my favourite topics. Read it if it's of interest to u!

Saturday, April 15, 2006

Studying can be interesting. Agree? If u noe how to entertain yourself la. Like this bit of info i picked up from my lecture notes about the poison from puffer fish:

SYMPTOMS: The first symptom of intoxication is a slight numbness of the lips and tongue, appearing between 20 minutes to three hours after eating poisonous pufferfish.

The next symptom is increasing paraesthesia in the face and extremities.

The second stage of the intoxication is increasing paralysis. Many victims
are unable to move; even sitting may be difficult. There is increasing respiratory distress. The victim, although completely paralyzed, may be
conscious and in some cases completely lucid until shortly before death.

Death usually occurs within 4 to 6 hours, with a known range of about 20
minutes to 8 hours.

I couldn't stop thinking.. how the hell did they know all these???

I could just picture this guy holding a paper and pen and writing down all the symptoms and timing when they take place while observing this poor poisoned person in front of him.

"Ok so now the lips and tongue starts numbing." *pens down the symptoms*

20 minutes later..

"Ok now it's the extremities." *pens down symptoms again*

and then 8 hours later..

"Ok so now he's dead." *closes notepad*

Yea studying for exams tend to make u sadistic. But well...

its not just the students... on another set of lecture notes about glucose and adrenaline

(adrenaline converts glycogen to glucose during times of danger so we can react better, but after using too much glucose u suffer from lack of glucose and go into a coma)

And on that matter, there was this saying..

"Evolution gave us a way to activate maximum speed to run from tigers and a simultaneous
route to unconsciousness before being eaten."

So yea. Lecturers too, have their sadistic moments.


K darlings. Wendy told me there's this Kungfu Idol thing coming up soon. Something like Singapore Idol, but this time it's kungfu fighting, not singing. I think I can win everyone else with a few flicks of my superb arms. But well, to make it more spectacular I decided to go into hibernation and come up with a new type of Chinese kungfu. So there. Don't disturb me ah! I'm retreating to the caves of Mount Wudang in China. SAYONARA! Kungfu idol starts 3rd may on tv. Think its shown on the "kungfu channel" on tv. Dun have it?? Got la. Go ask ur local cable tv subscriber. Really dont have?! Means ur area is too ulu. It's time to MOVE! Ok ok time is precious. I need to go meditate. Like Zhang Sanfeng... meditation made him come up with Tai Chi. I will better that! SAYONARA!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home