The Legends of the Pugilistic Leader

This is a record of my everyday life, my thoughts and feelings, and my favourite topics. Read it if it's of interest to u!

Friday, January 13, 2006

Now I'm watching entertainment news again. Guess what?! A monk is going on enews! He's from Tibet. He has hair.. and he practises Buddhism. But he wears Prada and all.. and he's this really hip icon.


He's trying to transform Buddhism to make the younger generation accept it! He wrote this book.. about Buddhism.. and it all seems to make so much sense. All the teachings... about being contented with all that you have.. hmmm we should all practise these in our everyday lives.


He used to own a business and was damn rich, but one day he saw this kid sitting on the street begging.. and he was so touched he gave up everything to be a monk. A modern monk, trying to reach out to the younger generation. Hmm.


OK enough about all that.


Now let me tell u about this interesting chat I had with this Finnish pal of mine. I got to know him cos he was thinking about coming to NTU for an exchange. But in the end, he chose to go to Hong Kong. So he's now in Hong Kong.


Yesterday, he was chatting with me. He said he found the Hong Kong people weird. Maybe it's the Chinese in general.. he said he found them to be very reserved towards strangers. He said he found Singaporeans are better.. more open and Westernised.


I found it really strange.. cos all along I thought Singaporeans were also really reserved towards strangers. They get suspicious when strangers chat with them and try not to talk too much. Or is it just the Chinese? I dunno.. but I know for one, I do not really enjoy chatting with strangers much. I remember there was once, this ah pek saw me reading my notes on the bus and started chatting with me all about Biology. I was a bit irritated.. but I entertained him nonetheless.. but not really willingly of cos. And then later I found out he works at the Biopolis.. and I wanted to knock my head off for not chatting with him more.. KNS he could be my future boss!!!!


Anyway, forgive me for digressing. But.. back to the topic on Singaporeans being more open and less reserved. I kept telling him noo.. Singaporeans are really quite a reserved bunch too. But he kept telling me no.. Singaporeans are much better than those Hongkies.


I was really puzzled.. what made him say that?!


Finally, after much wheedling, he told me... he chatted with many Singaporeans like me last time cos he wanted to find out more about Singapore cos he wanted to come here for exchange. And then he said, many of the girls, after he started chatting with them, got all excited and asked to meet him. They even wanted to make out with him.....!!!!!


Oh my god... is this the same Singapore I live in? I dunno... what's wrong with these girls?! Sure SPGs.


Thank god my friend was a decent guy... he said he doesn't have the license to do any of that with those girls.. cos he alreadie has a girlfriend. Nice guy. =)


Anyway.. now I'm watching 阿雅 on entertainment news... Lee Hom is teaching her to sing! Damn farnie... 阿雅 said it's a ploy by her colleagues.. cos they know she like Lee Hom.. but asking Lee Hom to teach her to SING is like "和一个自己暗恋很久的男生出去约会, 回家才发现牙齿上有菜渣."


HAHA but I must say.. 阿雅 is really damn farnie and cute.. but she really can't sing for nuts. HAHA poor Lee Hom.. gotta keep trying of how to put it across in a nice way.. that she can't sing. HAHA. Finally, for this part of 心中的日月, she was singing damn nicely alreadie.. then suddenly, halfway OFF KEY! HAHA poor Lee Hom... he kept saying, "Err.. 差一点点啦." Haha and then the people beside shouted, "差很多好不好?" OMG hahahaha


Ok time to go back to my tv.. sayonara!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home