The Legends of the Pugilistic Leader

This is a record of my everyday life, my thoughts and feelings, and my favourite topics. Read it if it's of interest to u!

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Fan-tastic! I'm lovin' it!

Had the Chicken Fan-tastic burger today for lunch!! OMG it's absoluely delicious! 我的天啊! HEAVENLY! Really... you won't regret having tasted it trust me... soo juicy and tender the chicken... OMG so succulent. And the burger.. so soft and fragrant... MMMMMmm YUM!!!! Go eat ok!!!!! Shit I feel like I'm writing a food column for some newspaper now. Haha


Oh anyway.. my brother's BACK! From Tekong! WAH I was in the toilet when he opened the door. Like.. not my fault that I felt the urge to use the toilet the minute he came in the door rite.. the minute he came in he said, "没良心的.. 都没有出来欢迎我.."


Walau 不过是从 Tekong 回来.. 要那么劳师动众吗?? Heehee but of cos I stayed home tonite juz to welcome him home la.. after this have to wait another 2 weeks before he can come home leh.


OH anyway, I watched Grey's Anatomy. GAWSH. I found it really good. Jialin said there's this other med drama from the States that is much more realistic.. but anyway, it's only shown on cable. So now, I gotta stay contented with Grey's Anatomy.


You know what made Grey's Anat so absorbing? I dunno how to explain it... maybe it's the conflicting emotions in the show. Should you follow the patient's wishes and do something that is not medically beneficial for him/her? Or should you follow your doctor's instincts and do what's best for the patient medically? It's depicted in many scenarios.


I found this patient's case really disturbing.. to save his life, he gotta undergo this operation. But if he undergoes that operation, he would almost certainly lose his memory... his memories of his loved ones.... his memories of the things that had happened to him so far.. Your memory is what makes you up. Without memories, you are like a clean slate of paper without your soul. Would you rather die, or would you rather lose everything you can remember of people who were once important to you? Tough choice.


Actually I onli watched half-half.. I was toggling the remote between 张三丰 and Grey's Anat. So yar.. I may have gotten some stuff wrong. But nonetheless, I felt it was disturbing.


AND OH YES! I absolutely ABHOR the ASIAN stereotype they ALWAYS put up in these US dramas to give an equal distribution of race.. like.. that Korean/Jap girl is how ugly lar! She's juz the typical bookwormish Asian those Americans see.. and she has typical Asian slit eyes and black hair.. and yes like how Jialin explained to me, she onli noe how to go by the book, but has low EQ. That's how those US tv people think of us Asians.


How sad is that.


Why can't they get people like Ayumi or Jolin to act? Those are Asians too. Or Son Ye Jin. ANYONE! Com'on.. I think juz standing on Orchard road for an hour you can easily pick out 100 girls prettier than that ger and better suited for that role.. sigh... Sometimes I wonder what those Americans really think of us.


OK I gotta go sleep... new tuition tmr... heehee!!!

2 Comments:

At 4:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey yo.. sch just started for u.. take care! Almost twenty-one still dunno how to take care of urself.. tsk tsk tsk.. haha
Do u mean that once we lose our memory u feel that we cease to become who we are or we cease to exist?
Anyway if u like that show u shud watch Ally McBeal.. haha

 
At 11:02 PM, Blogger greatshiner said...

haha yar.. i think school is making me sick.

No what i was trying to say is, if u lose your memory, you may still have the same personality and character, but u forget everything that once happened to u, and everything that was once important to u. So it's sad. Haha

Aiya now no more Ally McBeal lar..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home