The Legends of the Pugilistic Leader

This is a record of my everyday life, my thoughts and feelings, and my favourite topics. Read it if it's of interest to u!

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

I'm BACK!


So paiseh.. haha I kinda got mixed up.. I'm supposed to go for a 5 day trip in Taipei and 2 days in HK.. so I'm supposed to return on the 12th!!! Heehee!!!


Ok I'm really damn tired. The minute I switched on my com zillions of people started chatting with me... even though my MSN is not running yet. Then I realised Windows messenger runs automatically once a connection is detected.. bah..


Anyway rite, I took one helluva lot of pictures using my beloved 6680, and it's all loaded into my com. But right, I'm not gonna post them today cos they will take damn long to load on blogger.. think 116 pictures! I was basically whipping out my phone everywhere I went cos Taipei was SO fascinating! More so than HK! Or maybe it's cos I'm juz too damn sick of HK.. been there 5 times alreadie..


Ok for now, a bit of some general stuff from my trip.. get ready for the details when the pictures come! And I can tell u.. Taipei was seriously the most interesting place of all 3 I visited, HK Taipei and Shenzhen. Basically, 两岸三地 (Taiwan HK and China) I finished them all in a matter of 7 days.


My general take on the 3 countries???? Taiwanese were REALLY friendly people. I think you should say, 热情. Everywhere we went, they will chat with us, "啊那你们是新加坡来的喔,你们那里地
(地方)好干净喔!" " (我) 现 (发现) 喔, 你们英语都很好neh!" HAHAHAHA no offence.. but it's mostly the obasans and ojisans who spoke like that.


HK people? I totally dislike them.. sorry man.. but they are mostly juz downright rude. Everytime I went I never fail to be turned off by their rudeness. Now it's better.. the first time I went the shopkeepers will shout at you and spout vulgarities and scold you if u even try to bargain.. and hell, it was at a night market! Of cos you bargain. And when they see those ang mohs, they will suck up.. cos they know these people are willing to pay big bucks. SIGH.. when will they ever change?! Customer service!


As for Shenzhen, the stuff there are seriously dirt cheap. Seriously. And you get prettie good stuff at bargain prices. Went for a S$2 buck manicure there.. a full one mind you, not juz those cheater color and shape ones. And then JX was telling me, "Thot u hate manicures cos they hurt?" UHHH walau so cheap! Heck la! Skin me oso I muz do! Just keep watching tv dun look at wat the manicurist is doing la!


Then we saw this huge concert over there... it was kinda farnie.. a China-style concert hahahaha.. but all in all Shenzhen's prettie nice now. The people there are DAMN FUNKY LA! Walau I even saw a cosplayer dressed as some plastic doll over there.. Cosplayer leh! China! OMG! Then right, the place is alreadie quite prettie.. check out the Metro stations. It's their version of the MRT. And WALAU its spanking new and all the stations look like the Changi station or the Dover station. Prettie wor!!!!


And you get a helluva lot of the Far East style shops selling Far East Style stuff at dirt cheap prices! SHit.. I'm ranting. Hahahaha ok think go back to Taipei first.. step by step ok?


First, there was the traffic. Traffic in Taipei was SERIOUSLY damn scary! The first taxi I got into there, the driver drove like he was Fujiwara Takumi's daddy. OMG!!! You know all those turns? 90 degree sharp turns? WALAU he accelerate as he was turning, not slow down lor! And then ah... GUESS WHAT?! Cos it was a 2 way lane he was turning into, and he was turning DAMN CLOSE to the oncoming car in the next lane lor! WAH I seriously thot that was the end of me.. bye bye KS. Then GUESS WHAT?! I survived! He turned nicely, barely missing the car by a few cm! And then as he continued to perform such stunts later on, I realised thats just his usual driving style! OMG! 车神!!


And then another thing about Taipei traffic.. the cars don't stop when the green light is on for pedestrians to past!!! Like what?! So even as you cross the road when the green man is on, you gotta keep a lookout for turning cars, and hell.. u gotta GIVE WAY! OMG!! What shit is this?!


HK traffic is MUCH better.. but not Shenzhen! SIGH!


On to the toilets.. you know one thing I realise about Taiwanese toilets.. they always have this sign telling you not to dump toilet paper into the toilet bowl. Shenzhen toilets have that too. So they have this trashbin beside the toilet bowl for you to throw all your used toilet papers into.. which is damn disgusting. Cos it's the open type of bin so you can see everything inside. Walau u see ah.. doesnt make sense if that toilet bowl can flush your SHIT clean but is unable to flush down some soft teenyweeny toilet paper right?! You see my point?!???? Disgusting leh!!!!


On to the traveling in Taipei. We went sightseeing with a tour group for one day. Otherwise, it was mostly a free and easy tour. For that sightseeing day, we had this scheduled itinery for us to visit this geomancy shifu place. WAH now I'm really starting to believe in Geomancy.. cos it's damn accurate! It's not a religion.. so anyone who's interested should juz go try it. Real accurate. The shifu had his disciples help us calculate our 生辰八字... then tell us about our lives. And seriously, it's damn accurate. Really.


Like all the things he said about my parents were correct. But shan't reveal them here.. a bit private. Then about my brother oso. He said my brother got 桃花运 HAHAHAHA that's HOW TRUE LA! He spent the entire trip looking for gifts to get for not one.. but FOUR girls! OMG! HAHA!!


Then for me right, he said something like what 很坚强, 蛮聪明的, 很独立, 婚姻还可以, 有上进心, 事业还可以, 人很善良<-- HAHAHAHA see?! I always said I was nice. Haha ok enough. Think after meeting him my parents will safely leave me alone and stop thinking I'm still a kid.. I'm very independent ok?! He told my parents they can 放心 leave me alone hee!! But he oso said my liver got prob, must sleep early. BAH walau I'm nocturnal lor! SIGH but I kiasee.. so from now on will try to sleep early. OK move on.. let's talk about the TV in Taipei.. WALAU! Guess what?! They have like, 100++ tv channels!!!! So actually most of the time at night, my brother and I will be too absorbed in the tv programs to shop. Got one helluva lot of those 娱乐新闻 shit! WALAU you know I just dig those gossip stuff rite?! How can I not watch?! WAH it's damn farnie! Got a lot of those 小猪, 大S and 孟哲 and 善为 hosted programs. Also got this Patty Hou (Jay's gf) and 陶晶莹 one. Damn farnie! When I watched, got Nic Tse my teenage years idol, Eason, and that guy... Jordan Chan.. and oso Steph Sun. Oh and oso got Toro!


Talking about Toro.. now he has this new band called 台风! And guess what?! They are adopting this new style in mandopop.. they are going PUNK! OMG! You know.. those Jrock artists like L'arc En Ciel and Glay... those with heavy goth makeup and the heavy metal punk dressing?? The very visual kind?? YES! That's what they look like now! They got those dark eyeshadows on white faces, and their hair is really multi-colored! WAH Toro looks fine.. but that's more than what I can say for the rest of the band members. U gotta be able to carry it off la.. and then rite.. they are the first Chinese band to adopt this style... brave. *Applause*


Talking about Punk.. u know there are loads of shops selling those cutesy Jap stuff in Far East and Heeren? Yeah they got loads of those in Taiwan too. So actually, when u first step into 西门町, feels like, kinda no fun. Cos it's just like Far East. Then you explore further... and you find.. OMG! They have these shops in Taipei that sell solely PUNK stuff! Clothes, accessories... OMG! Seriously.. found only in Taipei and Japan. Not even HK. Definitely not Singapore. The stuff are imported direct from Japan. Quite ex.. but what to do? Can't go back to Sg without buying something you cant find in Sg. So I bought this necklace/bracelet thing from there. It actually looks prettie decent. My bro got this thick metal chain to hang on his neck as well.


AH I'm terrible at describing it.. but u gotta be there to see the punk stuff to be awed. When I first saw, I seriously didn't dare to go in.. it looked damn intimidating. But then after that I thought.. I GOTTA get something from there.. so I went in.. and guess what? The chio shopkeeper was actually damn nice! Heehee pictures later.


Oh then right, when we were there, the 7-11 had this drive to collect receipts. So we were supposed to donate our receipts. Haha quite cute.. dunno what the receipts were used for. But when u drop the receipt into that box, the 2 students holding the box will go automatically “谢谢!" and then bow. Heehee.. together leh! Haha 2 cute boys. I was damn tempted to buy some more stuff juz to hear them go "谢谢!" and bow haha budden I decided it was a bit 变态... so I decided against it.


Oh ya tokking about 7-11.. the 7-11 there right.. very farnie the Taiwanese.. I dunno how this started.. but they NEVER call it 7-11 as in seven-eleven. They will say "sebon" (seven). So the tour guide was telling us to meet at the "Sebon 便利店" at 九份.. and then we were looking real hard for a "Sebon" sign.. then later.. we realised she was standing in front of 7-11. HAHAHAHA


Oh then when we went to Shihlin night market, and my brother went into this shop in this alley. The stuff there were quite ex, amounting to S$100+ bucks. By night market standards, ex lar. But then there was this shop attendant there.. WALAU he was DAMN YANDAO CAN!? My brother says he looks like Edison.. I think he looks good on his own. Then after seeing my brother picking out shirts, he came to chat with us! He kept asking about Singapore and all.. OMG!! SWOONZZ I can't stop talking to him! No la actually my bro did most of the talking.. I was too shy.. hahahaha SHIT LA wanted to take pic with him! But walau.. my parents were there.. and like.. hey! You don't pick up cute guys in front of your parents yeah?! WAH sad sia! Anyway I made my bro buy stuff from that shop.. tho it's damn ex. Haha cos that guy was damn yandao! But shit la.. think he's attached leh. Cos when we were leaving got this girl came to visit him. WALAU!!! SOB! Just when I was going to ask for his phone number!


Then there is this 玫瑰唱片行 in Taipei.. the new Lee Hom cd was up for reserving! OMG! And you get hell lot of freebies if u reserve lor! But I was leaving the next day! OMG ARGH!!! Pek chek ah!!!!


Taiwanese seriously worship the Japs I tell u.. walau.. the entire 西门町 looks like it was modelled after Harajuku. And the people there mostly can speak a little Jap. Then guess what?! WALAU I was mistaken for a Jap dunno how many million times by these Jap-adoring people. *Faint* They kept talking to me in Jap and I was like.. what the hell are you talking about!? And my parents were laughing like hell at the back. The best part was on the airplane bound for HK from Taipei.. there was this Jap air stewardess.. WALAU even SHE oso mistook me for a Jap. I dunno man.. time I started trying to get a pigtail. Maybe I will look more Chinese that way.


Then the Taiwanese people rite.. the way they speak damn cute. Imagine a whole population of people speaking like SHE and 林志玲, the very kawaii type of Chinese. The younger generation la. Then there was once I was at 五分埔... this wholesale place. Then this person was checking out this sweater. You know those winter sweater has those 毛毛 furry type of stuff at the edges and linings rite.. then that person was touching and touching those fur. The shopkeeper very buay song. So he said, "喂你别再模来模去了啦, 我的毛都快被你拔光了!" I dunno man.. that just sounds.. not right =D


And then I was at 西门町, trying out this skirt. Then I was commenting that I look fat in the skirt. Then the shopkeeper said, "不会啦. 这裙就是給那小女生穿的啊! 啊那你又小小一个喔!" HAHA then I looked at her.. WALAU she not like very much taller than me lor! Say I 小小一个???


And then I tell you ah.. the people in HK mostly, some in Taipei and a lot in Shenzhen.. they very 虚伪 leh!! I was at this HK shop.. looking at the clothes there. The shopkeeper said, "靓女, 随便挑, 慢慢选!" (in canto). Wah at first I happie leh.. haha.. high leh. So I started looking more carefully at the clothes. Then I heard the shopkeeper said the same thing again ."靓女, 随便挑, 慢慢选!" I thot it was kinda strange.. then I turned around, and realised she was now saying the same phrase to my mum!!! WALAU! Hahahaha damn fake rite?! Then I realised it was the thing the shopkeepers say to everybody in HK and Shenzhen, and some in Taipei. SIGH!


Now on to cars. That's one good thing about HK. One hell of an eye feast for car addicts. The minute I exited the airport, saw this damn chio Porsche on the Tsingma bridge. Think it's the new model one. Then when I reached the hotel, I saw this Bentley. OMG! Then when I went to 铜锣湾, I saw 2 ferraris and one Lambo Diablo.. the limited edition one!! OMG! The ferraris were fine.. but the Diablo was the killer. That one's like.. a ONCE IN A LIFETIME sighting! It was parked right in front of this shopping centre in 铜锣湾, which is like the Orchard Rd of HK. I tried to take a picture of it.. then guess what?! The Diablo had this PERSONAL BODYGUARD CARGUARD and he stopped me from taking pic! OMG the super rich in HK! Let's not even try to count the SLKs and CLKs and BM Z4s and Audi TTs and Porsche Boxsters alrite? And I was only there for a total of 2 nites inclusive of one day spent almost entirely at Shenzhen! WHOA the sheer number of luxury cars..


Guess it was the carlucky streak.. I saw this damn chio Lamborghini Diablo VT the minute we were on the cab on our way home from Changi airport! 2 DIABLOS in a matter of days!! OMG!!!! Can I like.. juz faint?! You know wat?! That car is like the 神 of all Lamborghinis.. and lamborghini is like the 神 of all cars!!! CAN YOU EVEN START TO IMAGINE MY EXCITEMENT?! Taipei.. didn't manage to spot many chio cars... and Shenzhen? The most luxurious car was a Benz.


Then there was the food.. walau I tell u.. if I were to stay in Taipei rite.. I'm gonna grow to the size of 2.. no.. 3.... no.. FOUR KSes! The food there is ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!!! OMG!!!!! Just to my taste! They have helluva lot of selection.. from the super nice to the super gruesome.. 100++ types of food in Taiwan! Of cos, I never go for the gruesome types la!


HK was not as interesting.. at first u see their 茶餐厅, like wah.. got a lot of choices to choose from. I thot the cook damn power.. can cook so many diff types of food. So we placed our orders. Then we realised.. all the 麵 were instant noodles. Want the 出前一丁 type still need to add money. That one is high-class instant noodles mah! Then we didn't know at first, so we ordered 五香肉丁麵. And then we realised the 五香肉丁 was actually from the 五香肉丁 can.. those u see in NTUC. So u open a can and boil some water throw some instant noodles in, you get a dish. WALAU!!!!! CHEY! I think the one thing in the menu that required most culinary expertise was the making of coffee. That one I gotta say.. the HK kopitiam type of coffee is MUCH nicer than Sg type. Much much much. But of cos.. think the dim sum in HK is damn nice. =D


Ok more about food later on.. the gruesome ones in Taiwan. Remind me again.. to write about it in my next entry. I was telling Chan about them juz now.. walau haha. ANYWAY I gotta sleep.. so more tomorrow! Ciaoz!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home