The Legends of the Pugilistic Leader

This is a record of my everyday life, my thoughts and feelings, and my favourite topics. Read it if it's of interest to u!

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

A visit to the dentist

OK... I know all about that shit about not going to blog for how long how long etc etc.. ok.. yar. but anyway, remember that thing I said about unless interesting things happen to me?! Yeah.. I shall deem the thing that happened to me today interesting!!! Or rather, hmm.. not what happens to everyone everyday lar.. ok.. it's interesting enough in my boring life for me to want to blog about it... ok.. fine.. I'm juz addicted to blogging.. yeah. Haha.. shit... mug till damn damn sian..
Ok.. anyway, what happened to me today?! Ok.. let's start from a few days ago. Cos I was complaining to my mum about these wisdom teeth of mine, growing out. Cos they hurt a little bit, just a little bit... I was wondering, if I needed to extract them. OK.. but anyway, if pain means have to extract, in front of the dentist I die die also won't say pain.. Don't we all have childhood nightmares about dentists wielding all sorts of weird metal weapons, putting them into our mouths, and the next thing we know, there is blood everywhere, mixed with saliva and dunno what sort of weird tasting poison they put into our mouths. Yeah... dentists=monsters in Kah Suan's dictionary.. Ok.. but that's not the point.. yet...........
OK so anyway rite, my mum decided to take a look inside my mouth to see if she could see the white bumps coming out, to determine if indeed my wisdom teeth were coming out (right side, upper and lower). But then she noticed something else.. something even more ominous and terrifying than the wisdom tooth (at least to me at the moment).... something that made my blood run cold..... something that .... that ........ left me at a loss for words..... something..... something................ that is................... TOOTH DECAY!!!!!! Oh shit... urgh!!!!! Tooth decay!!!! remember when we were young, they always told us, don't eat so much sweets, don't eat so much chocolates, don't eat so much blah blah blah... and I never heeded their advice!!!!!! Now, finally, my chocolate addiction is coming back to haunt me!!!! Urgh!!!!!!
I told u.. brothers are no good.. seriously.. and this incident really juz proves it even more true. U noe.. after seeing the look of utter horror on my face after learning of the terrible truth, instead of comforting me, he just came over, patted me on my back, and started telling me the story of his own tooth extraction a few years ago before he had his braces. Yar..... how the dentist cut up the gum, saw off the tooth, then sew up the gum again. Oh.. btw, he did add that local anaesthesia will be administered... but yep.. that said, he added again that u could still feel the dentist cutting away your gum, burning up the excess (u can even smell your own barbequed flesh), sawing thru your tooth, poking the needle thru your gum again, yada yada yada.. yeah.. u get the picture. Yep.. so anyway, he also cheerfully reminded me that the anaesthetic will last only for at most a few hours.. and after that the wound will start hurting like a bitch and then u will have to be kept on a liquid diet for I dunno how many million years. Oh but he also kindly told me that it would help me lose weight. Yeah
So.. hands up. Who's inside the fellowship to smack all the brother's butts?! *raises hands and feets*.
Yar. Ok anyway, back to the dentist. Yep.. so... given the dire circumstances, I had no choice but to go to the dentist (btw, my dad booked the appointment for me and forcefully drove me right up to the front door and pushed me inside...). Sucky... yeah.. Ok
Anyway rite, once inside, I saw that the dentist was occupied with this other girl before me (ok. at first I did not see her face, only heard her voice and saw her mum walking in and out of the room). I heard her mum saying something to her dad about her having to extract this molar.. and I was like... ooohhh great!!! Here's another girl who's having her wisdom tooth extracted!!! (Ok.. not like I'm extracting my wisdom tooth.. but there's this chance that my decayed tooth will be extracted rite????!) Yar. so I was a bit 幸灾乐祸. Yar.. I know.. evil... but.. it's like, I feel like there's company!!! Even if I have to extract my decayed tooth eventually, I will have company!!! Yay!!!! So right, suddenly I felt so much braver.. Haha.. cos I heard that girl screaming away.. and I was like..come on u chicken.. tooth extraction only wat.. scream wat scream..... yeah..
Ok.. anyway rite.. If I tell u wat happen later, think u all will hoot me. Yeah.. so I was happily laughing away inside and all.... thinking of all the evil taunts towards the poor girl inside.. when she finally came out, pengz!!! I realised that all the while, she was not extracting her wisdom tooth... she was extracting her molar yes.. but it's her milk teeth molar.... yar.. ok.. geddit?! It's this little girl of about 10 years old... and I was busy laughing away at her.... shit... anyway it's gonna be my turn...
So I entered the room, feeling as lousy as shit, and also remorseful.. for thinking evil thots of a 10 year old girl who was probably braver than me. Anyway, the dentist, this young chap, sat me down and started chatting with me lar.. probably to make me relax and all.. but all I could think of was... shit.. this young guy... does he know what he's doing?! He looks like he's probably only looking at others teeth for the 3rd time! (giving him the benefit of the doubt.. cos I only saw one other patient.. the girl). Ok.. so he was fiddling around with his suspicious looking metal weapons, and poking them around in my mouth.. looking at this tooth and that tooth... finally he decided... I did not have to have any extraction!! All he's gonna do is to clean and fill up 2 of my decays. Anyway rite, he proceeded to do the cleaning. Ok... at first it was all fine and dandy.. cos I was really relieved that I need not have any tooth extraction. But then, he had to start that whirring machine thingee... u noe.. that thing that sound which we always hear in our childhood dentist nightmares?? Yes!!! That!!! Then my goosebumps started coming out.. and cold sweat started to bead on my forehead... and I did not realise this at first.. but my fists became tightly clenched. The next thing that happened really made me super duper paiseh..... That dentist looked down at my hands, then gave me a worried look. At first I was still wondering why. He kept asking me.. is it very painful? Am I hurting u? Just relax.. Blah blah blah... Yep.. cos in actual fact it was not really painful at all.... so I just shook my head. Yep.. It was after that that he told me.. my fists were so tightly clenched!!!! He thot he was doing something wrong or there was something wrong with the machine.. cos u know.. the cleaning process is not supposed to be painful!!!!! Shit.. so much for laughing at that little girl... sigh...
Hopefully, after this, I will have overcome my dentist phobia!!!!

3 Comments:

At 1:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wahaha!! how long have u not visited the dentist? lousy leh you!! anyway, i really like your bro!! hahaha such a thoughtful bro!! haha but he shldn't have tell u abt the anaethesia, spoil all the fun! haiz! i thot wat's so interesting.. chey.. jus a dentist visit~.. lousy leh..

 
At 8:10 PM, Blogger OneSpence said...

Ur current blog entry is really "........"
Just another incident when u have gotten overly/suspiciously/unnecessarily excited or scared or happy.

KS....so now u know who's KX's gf liao?
lol.

 
At 1:12 AM, Blogger greatshiner said...

Wahaha.. yar I know.. long b4 u lor.. sian.. I muz go be nun liao.
Hey.. is really close to extracting teeth can.. the dentist see me too cute then nv extract.
haha

 

Post a Comment

<< Home