The Legends of the Pugilistic Leader

This is a record of my everyday life, my thoughts and feelings, and my favourite topics. Read it if it's of interest to u!

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Test over!!!

Yay!!!!! Finally!!! The lousy shitty BS109 test is over!!!!!!! Whee!!! No more cell bio!!! Till the next test of cos.. but.. my point is, now can relax!!!! Haha. even if it's only for a while!

K anyway ritez, the test sucked big time.. absolutely.. U know how the profs function by now don't u. They will tell u, "It's gonna be an MCQ test, 30 questions, 45 minutes." U know.. how we students' brains work rite.. once we hear the word "MCQ" our brain juz go into "half-shut-down" mode. Sneaky profs I tell u... sigh.. give us the impression that juz a brief glance through the notes will be sufficient. Then, meanwhile, they will be sharpening their knives behind their backs and prepare to strike us when we are least prepared!! Anyway, let's go into detail about how a seemingly simple and innocent MCQ test can kill u with one strike. Firstly, unlike the conventional O levels MCQ, they have 5 options instead of 4. Just that alone will decrease the probability of u guessing the correct answer randomly from 25% to 20%. And then, out of the 5, there will be probably 2 or 3 acceptable answers. But here's the catch.. in the question, they say give the BEST answer. So u have to go back and weigh the various acceptable answers and try to decide which is the BEST answer. As if all that were not enough. They juz had to put one last nail into the coffin. Out of all the choices, for many of the questions, there will be the choice "none of the above"! So, if like, u already have in your mind, after much deliberation, which is the most probable answer. But after u reach the final choice, u see "none of the above"!!!! Which means, u will most probably find urself inclining towards that answer! Because, u had to think thru so much to decide which was the best ans from (a) to (d), suddenly, it juz seems like they are all not true!! Sigh.. there's where u get trapped. U noe, if u had thot thru so much to arrive at that ans, dun let a "none of the above" mislead u!!! Too late.. I guess I'm done for.. sigh.... evil profs..

Anyway, that's not the end of a lousy day.. sigh.. after the test, I had driving lessons, at 8pm. "Ohh.. great!" I thought.. I juz looove night driving!!! Cos I get to turn on the headlights!! A novel experience!!!! Ok cheap thrill.. I know.. but I like lar.. haha. Anyway, wrong wrong wrong.. night driving sucks.. esp when everyone seems to be wearing black on that night. Funny.. last time I drove at night, no one seemed to be wearing black!!! Anyway, back to the terrible experience. Yeah.. at this tiny meandering road at some HDB estate.. I was trying to show off my terrific driving skills.. by driving as fast as the speed limit permits. And then, I saw these 2 cats. One called Stupid the other called Dumb. U noe.. I mean, I can understand how we sometimes miss our partners so much that juz a tiny stretch of road seems like an endless ocean, and we juz had to go over as soon as possible to meet our partners. Which was the case for Stupid and Dumb. Stupid was at one side of the road, Dumb was at the other. And they were staring at each other, meowing and flirting, their eyeballs turning into heart-shapes. And then, Dumb decided to go over to Stupid's side of the road, to try his luck and see if anything would become of this flirting. And Dumb, being Dumb, could stare at my car approaching him at breakneck speed, and still decide that he JUST HAD TO cross the road AT THAT VERY MOMENT my car is driving past that stretch!!! Damnit. Being the very nice and kind animal-lover that I was, I decided to sacrifice the car tyres and executed an emergency brake. I heard something.. dunno whether it was coming from the tyres or the cats. Then I saw one of the cats run back to the other side of the road, but didn't bother to try to look for the other one before I drove off. Sigh.. traumatised!!!! Spent the rest of the drive with pale lips and chattering teeth. Let's hope Stupid and Dumb survived! But let's hope they do not mate.. if not their kid will have to be named Retard.

Sucky... now I wanna watch Hitch, but no one to watch with.. lousy Jing went to watch with her uni frens.. dump me and JX... sigh... I wan watch Hitch!!!!! Grrrrrr...... nvm.. shall buy the vcd from the Ah Beng at the pasar malam! Muahahaha..

12 Comments:

At 4:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

my mum always say: "when driving, never show mercy to animals. It's either they die or you die." Sit on it babe.

 
At 7:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YOU JUST KILLED THE CAT!!!

tsktsktsk...

tie

 
At 12:59 PM, Blogger greatshiner said...

Yay!!! I love Jacinth's mummy.. and I dun like Tie han.. haha

 
At 6:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

how dare you how dare you! i'm going to tell spca! *growl*

 
At 10:11 PM, Blogger OneSpence said...

Aiyo.....why such reckless driving?!?!
Those two cats could very well become HUMANS next time u are on the road again u know....and u would be doing the same thing by running them over..... CRUEL!!!

 
At 10:30 PM, Blogger greatshiner said...

sigh.. so now I'm a sinner...

 
At 11:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha, xiao shuai ge dao4 ci3 yi4 you2!! smileZ

 
At 7:34 PM, Blogger OneSpence said...

OMG .... if i'm not wrong ... that's kahsuan's rumoured NEW BOYFRIEND!!! hahaha.
xiao shuai ge somemore.
KS. happy now?

 
At 9:24 PM, Blogger greatshiner said...

Haha.. yar.. I took a gun n forced him to leave a comment! And that's Yew Wai my xiao shuai ge. Hehe. Oh btw.. I muz really say this.. I dun think I killed the cat.. juz din have time to turn back to check cos it was no good to stop in the middle of the road.

 
At 4:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yew wai is xiao shuai ge???? has he got a blog too??

 
At 1:14 PM, Blogger OneSpence said...

wohoho....looks like blogger.com has become a gathering place for 02s78 !
hahaha.
c'mon pple....blog more!!!!

 
At 2:48 PM, Blogger greatshiner said...

yar he has a blog at www.damnedshuai.com oh n btw entry is restricted. If u dun belong to the shuai/chio gang, u will see a "website not found" error msg. Yep. All r welcome to try. =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home