The Legends of the Pugilistic Leader

This is a record of my everyday life, my thoughts and feelings, and my favourite topics. Read it if it's of interest to u!

Sunday, June 11, 2006

YES YES YES!!!

I GOT ACCEPTED AS AN INTERN AT GIS!!! OMGOMG I can't believe my luck.. seriously... I'm gonna fire my current bosses!!! YEA!! Like, I only have slightly less than 2.5 months before I leave for Canada, and they are willing to accept me!! OMGOMG! I think I might just faint.


I just realised that whatever I do in life, I am always really lucky. The most recent things include my exchange. First, with my results I really doubted if I would get accepted into UBC as an exchange student. UBC is really a fantastic school... one of the top ranking ones in North America. I put in a lot of effort getting the paperwork done and all.. completing the matching of subjects etc.. hoping it will get thru the NTU IRO.


Only 2 students are accepted to go into UBC for exchange in the entire NTU. And I got accepted!!! I was exhilarated... started planning for my trip and all... I was lucky first time.


Then not too long ago, there was another bomb. The other girl who was accepted alongside me got rejected at the UBC side after being accepted at the NTU IRO!!!! At that time I havent gotten my reply from the UBC side yet.. I was damn stressed out. After all that hard work getting all the complicated paperwork done, I dont wanna know it was all for naught!


Finally, a wk ago, I got my reply from UBC! I was accepted!!! I was lucky twice over!!!!




Another time would be when I was looking for a job... desperately needing to finance my Vancouver trip. I need 10k. I had 4 months, but 1.5 months i would be having lessons 2 times a wk, so wkday work was near impossible. I called up zillions of agencies... desperate for a job. One fine day, an agency called!!! I was given a job to work adhoc, juz 2 days a wk!!!! At an MNC!! And its 7 bucks per hr for data entry! Super shiok!!! Really quite good for an adhoc assignment. Tho the colleague wasnt exactly kind.. but well no need to go into details. I dont believe in dwelling on the worse points of others. Anyway i'm quitting!! YAY!!


And then after that, I wanted to get an internship desperately.. cos my fac has no IA. But I only have slightly less than 2.5 months left.. almost impossible to get an internship. My frens jumped in to help. Poff helped me look under her Med profs researches and gave me their emails so I could email those I wanted to help out as an intern. Rosanne helped me find some webbies.. Astar and those Biopolis ones... so I could go find their projects and email the profs in charge. For a while, I was damn tempted to email the Sir Lane.. but after that I shy.. haha with my lousy results how to dream of helping out as an intern with Sir LANE??!


And usually.. internship u will need to apply damn early... cos takes time to process. For me, this kinda shitty last minute ass... think of wat then suddenly go do.. cant believe I still got a reply!!!! From GIS!!! OMG!!! At biopolis! My dream workplace!! And its like, less than 24 hrs after I emailed!!! I really wanted to kiss and thank my lucky stars. And you noe wats the best thing?! Actually of all those emails I sent, there is only 1 I was the most interested in... dealing with cancer research.. with the field of cancer research I was interested in. And that was the one I got accepted for!!! OMG!


I think I am a really lucky person. I used to think its cos i'm good.. or i'm resourceful. But now I noe I'm just plain lucky. I have loads of great frens who help me in whatever that i do. I guess u can ask for nothing more in life than great frens like these. And of cos! Must 多谢菩萨保佑!!


K enuf of all those boring things.. you guys must be snoring already. Let me show you some stuff my grandma bought for me from Thailand!!!! SANDALS!! She went crazy buying these cos they were OMG frigin cheap!!!!

This pair cost S$8 after conversion.. but it's LEATHER!!!! The entire thing!!!!


This pair not leather.. and it costs just S$2!!!!! OMGOMG!! And its damn lightweight and easy to walk with!! And no... S$2 is not juz for 1 of the sandals. The other one of the pair is somewhere in the shoe rack.. haha


This pair was really nice.. tho I know my photography skills are not doing enough credit to it.. costs just S$8 too! But its those dress sandals with crystals on it! For my mum la.. WAH DAMN CHEAP!


Oh the next object is not from Thailand.. this bag was given to me by my aunt!! An authentic LV black monogram i dunno wat bag! Aiya actually hor I oso doubt i will have a chance to use it... so I gave it to my mum.


Oh anyway... GSS was G-R-E-A-T!!! OMGOMG! I bought stuff yesterday and today... loads and loads!! I really din plan on buying. I was like, running an errand.. out with my mum doing impt stuff like trying to open a bank acct in HSBC to facilitate my funds in Vancouver. And then by some magic, we passed by some shops with the prettiest clothes undergoing the craziest discounts!!! And then today, I walked past the flea market beside Cine.. and bought TONS of things again!!! OMG I cant even start trying to keep track of the stuff I bought.. let me try... 1 top, 2 tops, nono.. 3 tops.. 1 army print 3/4 pants... a pair of pretty open-toe heels... ear rings.... a pretty lacy belt.. chain.. erm... lesportsac bags.. AHHH I CANT RECALL!!!!! Think I'm going crazy!!!


K I better stop.. just had a great BBQ cum catching up session with my beloved family, a sendoff for my airforce cousin going to France for training for a yr at least. It was held at my place.. and all the BBQing and clearing up has left me in a totally concussed and tired out state.


Gtg sleep.. BYEE!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home