The Legends of the Pugilistic Leader

This is a record of my everyday life, my thoughts and feelings, and my favourite topics. Read it if it's of interest to u!

Monday, May 09, 2005

Can-collecting uncle

Went for dinner yesterday with my parents and brother at Maxwell hawker centre. Yikes.. there was this can collecting uncle there.. both my bro n dad had gone to get food, leaving only me n my mum at the table.. n the uncle was eyeing my canned drink. Actually, that can was pretty full.. cos I only juz bought it. But that uncle walked over and without asking, took it. My mum stopped him.. and told him that I was not done drinking yet.. but then he insisted that I poured the remainder of the drink in the can into the plastic cup I was drinking from. Like.. hello.. the cup was filled all the way to the brim. Can't he see? So anyway, my mum told him that there was no way we could pour any more into the cup.. OK.. guess what he asked me to do next?? He asked me.. no.. it sounded more like he ORDERED me to drink more so I could pour the remainder of the drink in and give him the can... wow.. and guess what? Like, there was still about 1/4 of the drink remaining in the can.. so I had to drink 1/4 of the can at one shot juz so he could collect my can?!? I was shocked beyond words.. and he was standing there.. quite intimidating.. like some ex secret society member demanding that I follow his instructions.. it was my mum who shooed him off finally.. telling him there was no way I could drink so much at one shot.. whoa.. seriously.. it was an eye-opener.. I never knew there were can-collectors like this.
Hey.. let's be reasonable.. if he were to ask me nicely, and I happen to have an empty can there, or a can somewhere near empty, I would have gladly passed it to him. But here, he's like, asking me to inconvenience myself juz to accommodate him?? Worse still he was DEMANDING that I do it HIS way.. Sigh.. tell u we still wan the can then juz go away lar.. if u wan it that much, come back later.. rite? Muz be cos I got this nice nice and easily-bullied face again.. tt's y kena bullied yet again.. sianz..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home