The Legends of the Pugilistic Leader

This is a record of my everyday life, my thoughts and feelings, and my favourite topics. Read it if it's of interest to u!

Thursday, April 13, 2006

有眼不识泰山

U ever heard of the 狼来了的故事? Long long time ago, got a lil boy. He is a shepherd and when his sheep are grazing he tends to get bored. So one day, he started shouting "狼来了!" And everybody came with sticks and axes to kill the wolves. But there were no wolves around! The boy thought it was funny.

One fine day, the boy got bored again. So he decided to pull his trick once again. "狼来了!" Everybody ran to him with sticks and axes once again. But once again, there were no wolves. The boy was very amused. But no one else was.

Finally, the real wolves came. The boy shouted and shouted, and no one came to help him. Cos they thought he was lying.

In NTU, u always see these posters around school. This this this distinguished speaker is coming to give a talk. Some Rolex award winner. Then another day, got some other Casio award winner. Then some other day, got some Swatch award winner. And then oso sometimes got some Nobel dunno wat talk. U know its fake. Cos there cant be that many dunno dunno wat awards around to let u win. And after u win u cant possibly come down every other day to NTU to give a talk. So it's fake. It's a 狼来了 story.

So the other day, when I walked around school and saw all these posters stuck around school about some Nobel Laureate coming to give a speech, I was like... aiya mai lai la... I oso Nobel Laureate lor. Some more that guy was Chinese. How many Chinese Nobel Laureates are there? The only one i heard of was the 82 yr old ah pek with a 28 yr old wife.

Then day before yesterday, I was mugging in Lib 2. And then 2 irritating viets took over my seat when i went to print something. KNS! And then they din even ask me. Then they invited their fren over to sit.. SO BLARDIE CRAMPED! So they found a solution. By PUSHING my file away. BLARDIE HELL i was damn dulan with them. Seriously wanted to pick up a fight already. ANd u noe wat?! THat idiot guy fren they invited to sit BESIDE me STANK like a friggin pigsty. WAH BIANG.

So anyway, my point is, I went home early. Around 5+pm. I walked past LT1a, and saw a huge crowd outside there. I was like.. hmm weird. This guy... hmm managed to get a huge crowd to go for his public lecture. But then again, it could be for the food. These talks always have good food. In fact, if i was not rushing for time, I would have stopped to get a plate. But anyways.

So i was rushing. I walked past the corridor leading to the LT. Then around the blind corner, i almost very nearly knocked down our dear Mr Speaker. I recognised his face splashed on all those posters around school. Him in his clean cut suit (weird.. in Singapore no one ever wears a suit, but i feel guys who wear suits look SO smart! Of cos, i dont mean middle aged, balding guys.) and a pretty young lady leading him around. I was like.. oh yeah Mr Speaker. Nice. But all i could see was the nice yummy food behind him....... YUM!

Then I went home.

Then my dad brought home some chinese tabloids. Forgot which one. They all look the same to me. Then OH MAN i saw my favourite man. 李敖 I mean. So i turned to the page. And on the papers.. I SAW OUR MAN! No not 李敖... this time.. it's Mr Speaker!

STUNNED.

I read on.

诺贝尔奖得主.......


WAH KAOZ!

This time the school really never bluff me! He really is a Nobel prize winner! Have you ever heard of the 狼来了的故事??? SEE? Bluff me some more got real Nobel prize winner I oso dunno! Some more I almost knocked into him!

When i told my father that, he said.. aiya... 你真是有眼不识泰山啊!

Let's see if any of his Nobel Prize dust rubs off on me =)

But dont think soo sighhh... my exams are so dead. Gone. No time planning. Next time I WILL bring a watch in. Please, someone remind me. Always forget. ARGH!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home