The Legends of the Pugilistic Leader

This is a record of my everyday life, my thoughts and feelings, and my favourite topics. Read it if it's of interest to u!

Monday, July 04, 2005

Sunday 3rd July 2005 was the day KS almost got killed... by a Porche Carrera... no less. Despite wanting to stay at home and laze around for a bit, KS got nagged by her dad to get up and accompany the 2 senior citizens (daddy and mummy) for shopping at Robinsons. Up to 70% off!! Geddit? Wonder why they always fail to mention that "up to" but only used the "70% off" to persuade me... maybe old folks.. eyesight's failing. Can't see the tiny words beside the huge "70% off". Anyway, since I just had a filling dinner, I decided to just accompany them there... I needed to get some toiletries in any case.

So the 3 of us strolled leisurely down Killiney Road from my place, all was a nice refreshing walk... until we reached the St Thomas Road junction. St Thomas Rd is a branch off from Killiney road. There, we had to cross that small stretch of road (St Thomas Rd) as we continued our walk down Killiney. Being careful pedestrians, we stopped before the road to check if there were any cars turning into St Thomas Rd from Killiney Rd before crossing. Seeing none, we decided to cross. I was walking in front, my parents at the back. Which is just as well.. cos they might well be hurt by that Carrera. Bloody idiot. Anyway, as I was saying, just as I was crossing the road, I turned to double check to be sure there were no cars turning. And I spotted that spanking new Carrera... canvas top down. OMG... What a baby!! I was thinking to myself... and cos of that distraction, I kinda halted for a few seconds. Damnit... that Carrera turned right into St Thomas walk, missing me by just that few millimeters. Imagine if I didn't stop. And guess what? Not only didn't that Carrera signal to turn left (if he DID signal, obviously I would have stopped), it ACCELERATED as it turned, and NOT DECELERATE! #&%$^&#&#!!! Judging from the speed it passed me by, if I was knocked down at that speed, even if I was not killed, I would have been seriously injured. Look at the following picture for more information.

OK I know my drawing of a spanking new Porsche Carrera is not very accurate.. but hey.. this %$#^## almost killed me... be thankful it still remotely resembles a car! Yucks!!!! Porche SO WHAT?! Rich SO WAT?! Walau if not for it's speed, I would have whipped out my new 4 megapixel digicam to snap a nice pic of it's license plate and sent it to the traffic police together with a letter headed "Please suspend the driving license of this road hazard".

After much thinking... I think I finally get it. I really think I do!! I know! That driver.. I BET he just came home from watching Initial D!! Urgh! I laughed it off when TJL complained that Initial D is creating a whole new generation of road hazards... but to think I might have become the victim of one! Damn! Just cos I accompanied my parents to some
Up to 70% off sale!! Urgh... suddenly, the importance of accident insurance hit me. My dad was complaining about all these rich road hazards... and how if he DID hit me, he'd probably just get away with it easily cos he has the money to employ some cunning and evil lawyer that my family couldn't afford! But it would be different with accident insurance. With the insurance payout, my family would be able to afford a nice cunning lawyer to fight him! Not that I would want them to do that of cos. What you think I am?! Stupid?! Of cos keep all that payout for better use! Unless.... that lawyer could help us win a larger sum of compensation!! Wahaha!! Shit why am I thinking of all these? It's unlucky. Pui pui pui.... go wash my mouth later.

Never mind.. back to the sale. Didn't manage to get that shampoo!! They don't carry Lux! Urgh! But never mind.. the stuff there were really so cheap! 2 Sally Hansen Chrome series nail polishes for 5 bucks! The Maybelline Lash Architect mascara going at 5 bucks too!! WOW! Originally costs S$21.90! It's a SIN not to buy that! And guess who I met there... Tina!! Tina Jacobs! My sec sch classmate! She's back from the States for her summer break! Met her at the Bobbi Brown counter trying on some eyeshadow.

Tina: HI!!! How're you doing?

KS, while staring at Tina's eyes: Fine! You?

Tina: Stop staring at my eyes... I know I look real weird.. with different color eye shadow on each eye.. STOP STARING!! I mean it!! (on her left eye it was pink, right eye dark grey)

KS replies ok but continues staring anyway.

Tina sighs: So which one do you think looks better?

KS: Erm.. actually, now you look like you got yourself a black eye. (cos of that grey eyeshadow)

Tina: WHAT?! Ok that's it. The pink one! And STOP STARING!!

KS: Haha... um.. I'm trying.. but failed.. it's too distracting.

Tina: OK. Sigh. But hey.. don't you think that pink one is not suitable for the night?

KS: Um... but I still think the pink one suits you better.

Tina: OK. Hey! You've matured! Last time whenever you met me, you would run up to me and just give me a bear hug! You and Jac, always doing it to me and Dhanya! You're not doing it any more! That's good!

KS: Umm. I'm not doing it now.... cos if I do it.. people will think I gave you that.
*points to Tina's black eye*

Tina: Ok oh well... but... do you think you find it weird-looking cos it's only one side? What if I put grey on both lids?

KS: Um... 2 black eyes?

Tina: ....

And so, we ended our very entertaining exchange.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home