The Legends of the Pugilistic Leader

This is a record of my everyday life, my thoughts and feelings, and my favourite topics. Read it if it's of interest to u!

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

World Cup (dying) Fever

One of the two 2 or 3am World Cup 2006 matches that I bothered to wake up to watch.. the match between Italy and France. The finals! Actually I woke up like, 20 minutes into the game.. cos I 赖床 lah as usual. But that is not the point. The point... the BLARDIE point is.. they actually managed to score the only 2 goals of the game within that starting 20 minutes!!! Holy SHIT! I think someone up there is punishing me for 赖-ing 床. Teach me not to do that in future.


But in any case... Buffon is really good. He probably had a lot to do with Italy getting into the finals. He certainly deserved the Lev Yashin award for best Goal Keeper. 实至名归. The Italian were playing mostly defensive. Their defense was like.. seriously damn good. 滴水不漏. If not for that brilliant penalty deflect by Zidane, I guess it is near impossible for France to score against him.


Highlights of the game, from the moment I watched:

1. The offside-neargoal of Italy. Everyone thot it was IN! And then the idiot referee who looks suspiciously like an OompaLoompa had to declare it an offside. Yea I mean.. after watching the playback yar it was an offside.. but barely lor! Wah lau eh can close one eye or not! Like.. those drama with the heads missing the finishing line by inches to get 2nd or 1st for a sprint or marathon or something. But never mind.


2. The other offside of the day was one by Zidane. I was going "OMG!" already.. cos I sorta wasnt paying attention that very minute the goal was shot. But then after that, it was declared an offside. Thanks to Sh for letting me know! Haha.


3. The red card Zidane got. He is a fantastic footballer I must admit. If not for that brilliant penalty, France would never have gotten a goal past Buffon. But at age 35, it is pretty immature for him to get provoked/allow someone to provoke him and very childishly headbutt that person in the chest and get sent off for that agree?! Ok I must say that person who provoked him is of cos in the wrong too.. but as the captain of a team, at his age, shouldnt he show more maturity and shrug it off?! Be a good example to the other players? No? Rooney well, he got sent off cos of a similar event but well, at least when you talk about age and position in the team, I guess you can sort of forgive him for being immature. But ZIDANE? Never mind I still cant get over the shock that Zidane allowed himself to do something like that in his final match in his professional football career, especially since it is so significant.. it is the World Cup FINALS!


4. During the penalty shootout, the 2nd attempt by France. The missed goal. Buffon didnt even have to do anything. Guess that joker of a player must be thinking of copying his lao jiao captain Zidane by deflecting the ball in the same way. But of cos... not everything will go so smoothly la. Told u Zidane lao jiao already... how to be as zai as him?? That was kinda like the final nail in the coffin for France. The Zidane sendoff was the first. If Zidane was in the lineup for penalty, maybe the result might have been different who knows? But well.. I guess to a certain extent the French morale was sorta affected after their captain was served a red card. 无心应战 already.


5. Final goal in the penalty shootout. Italy won 5 out of 5. FULL MARKS!!! WAH!!! SHIOK!!!


Saw the Italians running estatically through the field... through streams of confetti and a wildly cheering crowd. 好感动. The Italians are a proud people. They have the most prestigious league in Europe (nah it is not the EPL contrary to popular belief). Although it is now plagued with match fixing scandals, doesnt change the fact that they are really fantastic. That is why the entire Italian national team play in their own league and in their own clubs and not any other country. Cos they are a really proud and patriotic nation. It was really nice to see them winning.


Great that Zidane won the Best Player aka Golden Ball award too. He deserved it. Probably can mar the flaw resulting from that red card.


Anyway wah kaoz my 乌鸦嘴.. I was just telling someone the other day.. World Cup finals seldom go to penalty kicks. So start at 2am should end by 4am. Then can go sleep! Then TMD this time really went to penalty kicks!!! OMG! Cant sleep till almost 5am! Then after I went to sleep, it was a restless sleep filled with dreams.


K it was a really weird dream again la.. dont laugh at me k.. i oso cannot control my own dreams. Anyway, it started off ridiculously. I was at the World Cup stadium watching the finals. And then guess wat?! I saw that TCS organised an outing there too with all the actors and actresses! Then I was watching that final match with Jing.. and I was almost sure it was a dream. So I asked her to pinch me, and I pinched her too! And wah lau! It hurt lor! It really did! So we both concluded it was not a dream. And then we just shook our heads and went on to watch the match.


After the match ended, we wanted to go home. Then we just sorta tried to find our way to the exit but cos it was all in some weird language which must be German (though I dunno German so I dunno how I can possibly know German in my dream) but anyway in the end we found our way to a door. We thought it was an exit, so we pushed and entered!


And VOILA! It was the dressing room for the French players! They looked so depressed and deflated... we felt really sorry for them. We wanted to turn away and go out.. but then later I really felt so sorry for them I turned back and went up to the closest player I could find and I said, "Hey look.. you guys played REALLY well! I was so impressed! It was just a stroke of bad luck.. but dont worry alright? I'm sure you guys will make a comeback next time!!" I flashed my brightest smile at the player (I cant rmr who he is though wat I do remember is that Zidane was not in the room haha). He smiled at me weakly and said thanks. But he still looked so sad! So I went up and gave him a hard hug and told him, "Its alright.. dont take it too hard. You did your best! We could all see it!" And then I ruffled his hair a little (like how you do that to a little boy) and finally his smile started to warm up!


After that I smiled at him again and then I told him I gotta run. And then I caught up with Jing and told her about my 艳遇 and then later excitedly asked her, "EH! QUICK! Let's go look for the Italian team so I can pull the same trick on them!!! HEEHEE!" I was doing my 如意算盘... happily grinning to myself... and then suddenly......................













Some IDIOTS going home after watching soccer at Mohammed Sultan or Clarke Quay or Boat Quay drove past my place honking like crazy shouting, "ITALIA ITALIA ITALIA!!!!!"


And I woke up. And I checked my clock.. 5.15am. Only 15 minute of sleep and I could dream of so much. Now I know why they say I like to 想太多. HAHA

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home