The Legends of the Pugilistic Leader

This is a record of my everyday life, my thoughts and feelings, and my favourite topics. Read it if it's of interest to u!

Monday, February 21, 2005

Constantine

Day before yesterday, on Friday, it was officially the last day of school before the mid term break! Yay!!! So my friends and I decided to celebrate it in style! And that meant organising a class outing!!! Ok.. so 4 people ktv-ing and after that 3 people watching midnight Constantine is not exactly a class outing given a class of 50 people.. hey but come on.. let's be positive k.. think positive.. at least the few people bother to go for the mini-class-outing.. yeah.. and there wasn't enough time to inform more people about it.. so yep.. next class outing will be better k? Let's think big.. k.. let's make it a chalet!! yeah.. force everyone to pay for it.. then think most people will go.. if not, then juz let the few who bother to attend enjoy the whole chalet!! yay!! Ok.. back to the mini-class-outing. So who went? KTV: Yingjie, Tingfeng, Wingyan, me.. Movie: Kayan, Shuhui, me. Ok.. so the number is not exactly staggering.. but we all enjoyed ourselves anyway! Yeah.. and too many people going for KTV will only lead to a mike fight.. not exactly a good way to have a class outing isn't it? Yeah.. and the greater the number of people who went for the midnight constantine, the greater the number of people who will know how embarassing I look when I'm scared outta my wits.. with my barely held back scream.. haha. And of cos, they will also know how I look with a nosebleed and drooling all over the place: Keanu-induced.

Oh let's talk about Keanu. haha.. that movie was juz so great!!! Maybe it's juz Keanu.. yeah.. how does he manage to look so cool even after passing the 40 year mark?? This should be made illegal.. damn.. he's old enough to be my father.. what do u call the opposite of paedophiles? erm.. oldfolkphile? haha.. oh but at least I'm not like, totally infatuated with Richard Gere.. that guy is old enough to be my granddaddy. Yeah.. but apparently some of my friends find him cool.. yeah.. talk about the attraction of maturity.. haha.. oh wait.. back to the movie.
Yeah.. oh my god.. though I muz admit, I'm really quite a scaredy cat, recently, few movies seem to be scaring me.. the greatest letdown of all being Seed of Chucky.. a total comedy. Yeah.. which is why I'm desperately searching for a movie which can scare me outta my wits.. to relive my scaredy cat days.. haha.. found it in Constantine. It's scary in the sense that, u dun expect when the demons will strike!!! It's not like some horror movies, they use a lot of sound effects etc to scare and frighten, but in Constantine, one minute it seems like u have already beaten the bad guy from hell, and the next there his master is tearing u apart or trying to make use of ur body to come into this world to wreak havoc. The horror lies in the fact that u dunno what to expect next! And there's a twist! In the form of a mentally-ill half-breed angel Gabriel. Who would expect her to be the one in cahoots with the son of the Demon King?! This movie is really dark.. yeah but it's still cool! And the Demon king is actually the fallen angel Lucifer!! Haha.. Yeah.. oh btw, add to the must-watch reasons the Keanu factor. He's so freakin cool! And dashing! And yes, the producers managed to squeeze into the movie some humor, like that part where he said he was "thinking" if Angela has to take off all her clothes.. haha.. and all that adds to making him all the more swoon-worthy. *wipes saliva*.. It all seems like the perfect blockbuster.. until that part where they had to make it so corny the whole effect is destroyed.. the part where Lucifer stuck his hands into Constantine's lungs to remove all the tar from the cigarettes he smoked, and let him live again. Totally unforgivable, even if it's juz so they can try to arrange for a sequel if response is good. Sigh.. oh well.. guess Keanu didn't have a say in that one..

Oh movie over.. It was 2.45 a.m. I barely managed to struggle home, taking the Night Rider from Marina Square to River Valley Rd. I turn suspiciously looking at all the empty seats beside me, and also look upon the shadows of the trees outside the bus windows with great fear.. are all the demons from hell waiting there?!? Haha.. managed to reach home in one piece.. yeah.. didn't lose a single limb to any demon... Constantine must have been protecting me.. haha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home