The Legends of the Pugilistic Leader

This is a record of my everyday life, my thoughts and feelings, and my favourite topics. Read it if it's of interest to u!

Saturday, April 16, 2005

Story for someone...

One day, while Mr Kwok YL was standing by Singapore river looking at the scenery when suddenly, his watch fell into the river. When he cried out, the Lord appeared and asked, "Why are you crying?" Mr Kwok replied that his watch had fallen into the water, and that the watch has sentimental value to him. The Lord went down into the water and reappeared with a golden watch. Is this your watch?" the Lord asked. Mr Kwok replied, "No." The Lord again went down and came up with a plastic watch. "Is this your watch?"the Lord asked. Again, Mr Kwok replied,"No." The Lord went down again and came up with a silver watch. "Is this your watch?" the Lord asked. Mr Kwok replied, "Yes." The Lord was pleased with his honesty and gave him all three watches to keep, and Mr Kwok went home happy.
Some time later, Mr Kwok was walking with his wife along the riverbank, and his wife fell into the river. When he cried out, The Lord again appeared and asked him, "Why are you crying?" "Oh Lord, my wife has fallen into the water!" The Lord went down into the water and came up with 许纯美. "Is this your wife?" the Lord asked. "Yes," cried Mr Kwok. The Lord was furious. "You lied! That is an untruth!" Mr Kwok replied,"Oh, forgive me, my Lord. It is a misunderstanding. You see, if I had said 'no' to 许纯美, you would have come up with 如花. Then if I said 'no' to her, you would have come up with my wife. Had I then said 'yes,' you would have given me all three. Lord, I am not a rich man and am not able to take care of all three wives, so THAT'S why I said yes to 许纯美."

Characters of the story:
Mr Kwok: erm... to prevent readers from getting stomach upset.. administrator decided to remove the picture.


Ms Xu


Ms Ru

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home